|Company||ICS plant specialists|
|Job Title||Field Supervisor|
|Location||750 Panorama Trails South |
Rochester, NY 14625
We are ICS, Independent Contractor Services, an independently owned and operated company dedicated to servicing live good products for a major home improvement garden center retailer in over one hundred and sixty stores from Maine to New York.
In partnership with over 30 nurseries, we act as their eyes and ears while merchandising their tropical, perennial, and landscape products to maximum appeal to provide the consumer with the best and most informed shopping experience.
The Field Supervisor position is a full-time position with varying hours throughout the year. Our supervisors oversee garden center merchandisers in multiple locations. Excellent people, supervisory, and organizational skill required.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Interviewing prospects and assisting in the hiring process
- Training and development garden center merchandisers
- Execute and maintain garden center plan-o-grams
- Communicate issues from store to ICS main office & follow up appropriately
- Field phone calls from stores, garden center merchandisers, and vendors
- Visit stores on a regular basis to maintain standards & team building
- Manage allocated garden center merchandiser hours
- Complete surveys & inventories on an as-needed basis
- In-store duties include, but are not limited to, stocking plant products, unloading racks and removing distressed products
This position requires:
- Working outdoors in all weather: heat, cold, rain, snow
- Requires morning, afternoon, or evening availability any day of the week. Weekend availability is required during peak seasons.
- Physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise, including the ability to lift up to 50lbs repeatedly during any shift
- Walking, standing, bending, pushing, and pulling
- Reliable transportation is a must! Travel is required from store to store.
- Consenting to a background check
- Basic computer knowledge and the ability to use a smartphone to take and send pictures via email is required.
The ideal candidate will have merchandising or retail experience and a background in management. A knowledge of horticulture, plants, or landscaping is beneficial, but not required. Training is available for those willing to learn the garden industry.
Field Supervisors must have a positive, professional, and friendly attitude and the ability to work with suppliers, garden center employees, delivery personnel, and customers.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old