WHAT DO PIZZA DELIVERY DRIVERS DO?
Everyone loves the pizza delivery driver. They are bringing the best food on the planet, what's not to love?!? Pizza delivery drivers work for pizza restaurants and use cars, bikes helicopter to deliver pizza to homes, businesses or other locations. Pizza delivery drivers also take payment, either via credit card, cash or check. Pizza delivery drivers often get tips, so fast, friendly service is helpful in making money at this job.
HOW MUCH DO PIZZA DELIVERY DRIVERS MAKE?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the median annual income for pizza delivery drivers was $22,540, or $10.83 an hour.
WHAT ARE THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS?
You can get started without a high school diploma, but you will need a valid driver's license. Training is usually done on the job.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Math: Pizza delivery drivers will need to make change for people. Basic addition and subtraction skills are needed.
- Customer-Service: Pizza delivery drivers need to be friendly, speak clearly and understand the needs of their customers.
- Hand-Eye Coordination: Pizza delivery drivers have to operate a car, and might need to look for addresses at the same time.
- Patience: Heavy traffic, wrong addresses, impatient customers and the occasional mean dog are part of the job. Patience is necessary.
- Good Vision: Pizza delivery drivers need to be able to see addresses on buildings, and good vision will be necessary if they are badly lit or small.
THE FUTURE OF PIZZA DELIVERY DRIVERS
People are not going to stop loving pizza, and according to the BLS, jobs like pizza delivery will grow at an average rate between 2010 and 2020.