|Company||Automation Personnel Services|
|Job Title||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Huntsville, AL 35801
Mechanical Design Engineer
Full-Time permanent position (not contract or temp to hire)
Location: Huntsville, Al
REPORTS TO:Engineering Manager
Under general to moderate supervision, develops and designs new products for sales/marketing lines, modifies or improves exiting product lines, and creates accurate bills of material for each design/detail drawing on computer system, in accordance with specifications and industry standards. Determines materials to be used on actual product(s).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Designs products for assigned projects on computer system using Auto Cad and solid works software programs. May design sweepers, sweeper mountings and sweeper components. Utilizes knowledge of products, design standards and manufacturing capabilities.
- Creates detailed component part and/or assembly drawings to assist production with building of products. Determines materials to be used on actual products maintaining efficiency and cost effectiveness. Works closely with purchasing to source materials and/or vendors.
- Structures an accurate Bill of Materials (BOM) for each design layout or component part/assembly drawing completed.
- Provides customer service and/or technical service regarding questions of products or designs.
- Oversees the production of design prototypes by R&D Technicians. Ensures adherence to specifications. Aids in rework. May assist tooling in producing fixtures for new products.
- Provides training to co-workers and new team members in course and scope of job, computer system, structuring BOM, etc.
- May act as Departmental Computer SysOp (System Operator) to install new software and perform software updates, resolve hardware/software problems, test new software packages and determine need, source and purchase of hardware software as needed.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees so classified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering is required.
- Minimum 6 years-previous mechanical engineering experience, preferably in an industrial/manufacturing environment. Familiar with welding symbols.
- Proficient in 3-D construction, design layouts, assembly drawings and/or component part drawings required. Knowledge of hydraulic systems and machining preferred.
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient on Cad software program; prefer Auto Cad and Solid Works.
- Prefer knowledgeable in program and software/hardware installation.
- Able to read and technically interpret engineering drawings. Able to read and understand technical manuals.
- Knowledge of engineering design standards and manufacturing capabilities. Knowledge of industrial vacuums and/or sweepers is considered a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to write or speak technical instructions.
- Knowledge of Bill of Materials, stress analysis, material selection and material sizing.
- Able to plan, prioritize and organize.
- Frequent sitting for extended periods of time. Occasional walking, bending, stooping and lifting.
- Minimal travel required. Must be able to work occasional overtime to complete projects as needed.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old