Restaurant General Manager - Retail Food Service
With over 12,000 employees, Boddie-Noell is one of the country's largest privately held companies. You will not find a company that rewards or appreciates its people more. Boddie-Noell is a family of motivators and encouragers. We are committed to giving our people the tools and skills they need to succeed in their career and in life. This is a family business and family (our employees) comes first. We are looking for good people who want to build a prosperous career. What does it take? You need to like people. This is a people business.
If you have food service management experience and are looking to turn it into a solid career path with an established company, join the Boddie-Noell Enterprises team! We are looking for a Restaurant General Manager to oversee management, staff and overall operations at one of our Hardee’s restaurants. You will report to the District Manager and it will be your responsibility to develop a management team that will sufficiently develop their crew to ensure that your assigned location consistently embodies the highest standards of product quality and customer service.
Boddie-Noell Enterprises is the largest franchisee of Hardee’s restaurants in the United States, with over 300 locations in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Kentucky.
As a Restaurant General Manager, you will achieve sales growth and maintain company standards of excellence for your location by overseeing the administrative team and training them (and occasionally the crew) to execute QSC standards (quality, service and cleanliness) and to provide exceptional customer service. You will also have a variety of general operations managing responsibilities with a focus on cost control and maximizing profitability.
Your specific duties in this position will include:
- Overseeing operations for your location and maintaining the highest standards in quality, service, and cleanliness with a constant focus on profitability
- Interviewing and hiring adequate staff to operate the restaurant based on company standards and in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Scheduling sufficient staff to cover operations and to accommodate guest flow
- Training and developing management team and crew using current company training system
- Evaluating performance at company designated intervals and designing a development plan with each employee to improve performance
- Maintaining a cooperative and harmonious working relationship between management team and your crew
- Providing coaching, counseling and discipline as warranted
- Conducting crew and administration organization team meetings as needed to discuss operation procedures
- Handling HR issues as they arise, including disciplinary write-ups
- Maintaining an adequate supply of products and items necessary to maintain smooth operations
- Conducting weekly and month-end inventories
- Controlling payroll to meet company labor cost standards
- Controlling inventory to meet company GAP standards
- Supporting the team and District Manager in their operational decisions
- Maintaining reports and records based on company standards and in full compliance with state and federal regulations
- Maintaining building and equipment via proper operating, cleaning, and preventive maintenance procedures
- Assuming responsibility for cash for all shifts, including bank deposits, and ensuring that all cash procedures are properly followed
- Maintaining professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Ensuring that all sanitation, safety, security policies and procedures are observed and enforced
- Serving as a role model by consistently exhibiting the actions and behaviors that best demonstrate Boddie-Noell Enterprises’ Vision and Values
- Performing other tasks as directed by the District Manager
Make the most of your food service management skills!
Click “Apply Now” to submit your application online!!
BNE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Valid Driver’s License
- License cannot be suspended, revoked, or expired
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
As a Restaurant General Manager, you must display excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. You must also be customer-driven and able to make quick and effective decisions under pressure while delegating tasks appropriately. It is also important that you have a competitive nature and that you take an entrepreneurial sense of ownership in your career development and in the company’s success.
Specific qualifications for the Restaurant General Manager position include:
- 2-5 years of experience as a Restaurant General Manager
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable and insured transportation
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Strong conflict-resolution skills
- Solid organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Good documentation abilities
- Excellent personnel development skills
- Ability to balance hands-on work with effective delegation skills
- Available to work all shifts and weekends
- Good references
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- Previous quick service experience
As a Restaurant General Manager with Boddie-Noell Enterprises, you will be part of an established and stable organization and the largest Hardee’s franchise in the country with over 300 locations. We are committed to operating on the family values of respect, honesty, trust, excellence, teamwork and diversity; you will find that our support of our employees and their career development is second to none. We will provide you with a comprehensive 7-8 week training course followed by additional ongoing career development classes designed to facilitate your continued advancement along our management path. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits as a Restaurant General Manager will include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance (with retiree coverage)
- Life insurance (whole and term)
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Short and long term disability plan
- Critical illness coverage
- Accident insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Supplemental management retirement plan
- Sick pay
- Paid holidays
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement pay
- Education reimbursement
- Scholarship program
- Employee assistance program