|Job Title||Store 4th Manager|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Edmond, OK 73034
Store 4th Manager
The Store 4 th Manager primarily manages the front-end operations of an assigned store with oversight of the entire store, and fills in for the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, or Store 3 rd Manager in their absence. The Store 4 th Manager plans and prepares work schedules, supervises employees, and ensures compliance with established security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices. In addition to support of overall store operations, has responsibility for all front-end positions including Scan Coordinators, Bookkeepers, Back-Up Books/Scan, and Head Cashiers.
Work hours may include nights, weekends and holidays. Flexibility in store assignment is also required. Handling large sums of cash in compliance with company standards is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Complete responsibility for the store in the absence of the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager and Store 3 rd Manager, including proper closing and security.
- In addition to support of overall store operations, has responsibility for all front-end positions including Scan Coordinators, Bookkeepers, Back-Up Books/Scan, and Head Cashiers.
- Greets customers and maintains good customer relations.
- Looks for areas where improvements in service may be required; implements processes, procedures and/or changes to address these issues.
- Approves and oversees schedules of all Scan Coordinators, Bookkeepers, Back-Up Books/Scan, and Head Cashiers, oversees their training, evaluates their work, rewards and recognizes their performance; delegates work assignments in a manner that most effectively utilizes their talents and abilities while maximizing profits.
- Provides constructive suggestions and encouragement, sets performance expectations, provides honest feedback, and identifies assignments to provide others with developmental opportunities.
- Supports Store Manager with development and direction in the execution of strategies to improve product placement and appearance.
- Monitors display accuracy and appearance to implement promotions. Ensures that products are properly displayed, correctly priced, signed, and ordered in a manner to maintain in-stock conditions.
- Assists the Store Manager with health, safety and sanitation issues in order to maintain a safe and clean work environment for employees and customers to ensure compliance with all OSHA requirements, other governmental regulations and company standards.
- Ensures compliance with legal requirements and company policies and procedures, including check cashing, security, wage and hour, etc.
- Follows and enforces Sprouts Fresh at 4 Program.
- Maintains accurate department records on all important matters, including employee performance, disciplinary/corrective actions, cash handling, verification, etc.
- At times may also perform duties of staff to ensure customer needs are met.
- Communicates sales goals, department performance and sales opportunities with staff to ensure positive results.
- Manages issues relating to store maintenance, cleanliness, safety and sanitation.
- Oversees and monitors handling of cash and accounting. Ensures store is secured.
- Focuses on customer satisfaction and needs, ensures that employees provide customers with superior customer service through use of best practices and communication of the importance of superior customer service.
- Maintains positive working relationships with direct reports, peers, supervisors, suppliers, and customers effectively handling complex or difficult situations involving others.
- Motivates others to perform the job and work towards common objectives. Serves as a role model to others instilling a positive attitude in employees.
- Writes reports for accidents or other incidents such as when employees or customers are hurt within the store or in the parking lot and processes according to company procedures.
- Responsible for dealing with emergencies, crises, and any problems that arise during the day in the store.
- Responsible for ensuring dates on merchandise such as dairy products, meats, or baked goods are checked and expired food pulled off the shelves on a regular basis pursuant to Sprouts procedures.
- Responsible for making sure employees are effectively trained; develops and trains future leaders.
- Ensures the specials and items advertised in fliers are on the shelves.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1-3 years retail management experience.
- Degree in business, management, marketing, retailing, communications, advertising, liberal arts, or related field preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential.
- Strong orientation to detail and analytical skills.
- Solid problem solving skills and decisiveness.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff.
- Forklift/power jack training and experience.
- Food Safety certification.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and extreme cold.
- Fast paced working environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Lift moderately heavy loads up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to push/pull heavy loads.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old