|Job Title||Assistant Grocery Manager|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Plano, TX 75024
Assistant Grocery Manager
Title: Assistant Grocery Manager
Location: Assigned Store Location
Reports to: Grocery Manager
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
SOC: 41-1011.00 First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Retail Sales Workers Summary Description
The Assistant Grocery Manager assists the Grocery Manager with the day-to-day operation of the store to meet objectives for sales, margin, inventory, and customer service. Implements strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability. Ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient. Maintains store appearance and product presentation to company standards. Provides support to store employees during peak periods or when scheduling conflicts arise. Essential Job Functions
- Role models excellent customer service for the Store team.
- Ensures that department employees provide excellent customer service and receive appropriate customer service training.
- Actively addresses performance and personnel issues in a timely manner and in adherence to Sprouts policies.
- Assists the Grocery Manager as necessary to train, schedule, and maintain a qualified team.
- Conducts or assists in providing performance reviews of assigned staff.
- Properly documents personnel matters.
- Ensures compliance with Sprouts safety practices and procedures, both throughout the store and within the department.
- Ensures grocery departments are fully stocked, faced, and rotated, following established merchandising procedures.
- Ensures that sales floor department shelves, displays, aisles, and storage areas are maintained in a clean, orderly condition, satisfying Health Department and store safety standards.
- Ensures safety of staff and customers, responds to emergencies and safety hazards.
- Ensures safety and quality of all grocery products by monitoring storage conditions, temperatures and shelf life; discounts short dated product.
- Ensures that unsellable items are returned for credit or disposed of following Sprouts procedures.
- Participates in quarterly inventory counts.
- Keeps all supplies stocked and equipment in working order, communicates maintenance needs to the Grocery Manager.
- Assists with resets as needed.
- Communicates supplier issues and shelf/product needs to Grocery Manager.
- Assists Grocery Manager in the design and implementation of procedures for ordering, receiving, inventory tracking, and back room organization.
- Identifies training opportunities and coordinates needs with Grocery Manager.
- Ensures that all staff is thoroughly trained for the position they are filling.
- Meets labor, sales and margin goals determined in conjunction with the Store Manager.
- Maintains working knowledge of personnel reports, margin reports, weekly sales numbers and financial goals.
- Communicates relevant sales, margin and labor goals to team on a regular basis.
- Communicates standards, expectations, policy changes and product knowledge to team.
- Receives orders, or ensures proper receiving in accordance with established procedures; maintains accurate receiving records.
- Coordinates returns and credits from suppliers where applicable; maintains accurate accounting of credit requests.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy.
- Supports the Grocery Manager as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years retail management experience, plus degree in business, management, marketing, retailing, communications, advertising, liberal arts, or related fields preferred; or an acceptable combination of experience and education
- Familiarity with natural foods and alternative diets preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential
- Strong orientation to detail and analytical skills
- Solid problem solving skills and decisiveness.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff
- Forklift/power jack training and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Organization and planning skills; able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and extreme cold
- Fast paced working environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Lift moderately heavy loads up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to push/pull heavy loads
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old