|Job Title||Assistant Deli Manager|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Southlake, TX 76092
Assistant Deli Manager
The Assistant Deli Manager provides excellent customer satisfaction through the management and leadership of Deli Clerks. This position is responsible for maintaining high standards in quality, variety, selection, food safety and sanitation for all products produced and sold in the Deli Department. The Assistant Deli Manager is responsible for assisting the Deli Manager in the daily supervision of Deli Department operations, ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service, monitoring the quality of deli product, and acting as manager in the absence of the Deli Manager as needed to address employee relations, coaching, and general department supervision needs. Essential Job Functions
- Effectively coordinates production, merchandising and sales through ongoing planning, direction, communication, goal setting, brainstorming and teamwork.
- Ensures customer satisfaction and builds customer loyalty.
- Staffs, trains, supervises, reviews, and provides corrective action to Deli Clerks.
- Unloads, sorts and removes merchandise from pallets upon arrival at the store.
- Operates and maintains deli equipment.
- Greets and assists customers at the deli counter.
- Ensures Deli Department inventory control to avoid "out of stocks" and/or "overstocks".
- Prepares, packages, cuts, stocks, stores and displays merchandise appropriately.
- Maintains a clean, full, fresh and dry case at all times.
- Ensures all inferior out of code products are not sold and removed from display in a timely manner.
- Works with Deli Manager to merchandise case to maximize sales and profit goals.
- Orders products from authorized vendors and adheres to receiving policies and procedures.
- Assures accuracy and accountability of all Deli Department invoices and expenses.
- Submits all paperwork for the Deli Department including sales and purchase recaps, weekly schedules, monthly margin reports in a timely manner.
- Maintains retail prices as agreed upon overall gross margin percent.
- Ensures all products are accurately priced and sale prices are up-to-date.
- Ensures quality deli product through proper rotation procedures, monitoring cases for damaged items, and following all health and sanitation guidelines.
- Understands all health, safety and sanitation guidelines/regulations and ensures that other deli team members are also aware of and following these procedures
- Intervenes to address employee relations issues as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 2 years supervisory experience preferred, high school diploma or GED, and strong knowledge of deli or related food service, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Strong ability to work well with people.
- Demonstrated ability to provideexcellent customer service.
- Demonstrated strengths in the following areas: work skills, written and verbal communication, problem solving, leadership, interpersonal skills and motivation.
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation procedures/guidelines.
- Demonstrated"passion" to work with food and enjoy working in a fast pace food service environment.
- Must possess current and appropriate food handlers permit.
- Must be able to tolerate various physical requirements outlined in physical descriptions assessment, including but not limited to long periods of standing and walking, repeated bending, squatting, twisting and stretching, repeatedly lifting up to 50 lbs. during a standard shift, and other requirements.
- Work in varied temperature controlled environments (refrigerator, freezer, and hot food preparation).
- Must be at least 18 years old due to equipment usage.
- Requires flexibility to work a varied work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays, and varied work locations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old