|Job Title||Assistant Manager|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Wages||To be discussed|
30293 Mt. Vernon Road
Princess Anne, MD 21853
At Goose Creek Food Stores, the Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the General Manager in the management of the entire store's operations. He or she is also responsible to meet and/or exceed performance goals according to corporate objectives. These objectives include developing and training hourly associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures a pleasant shopping experience for all customers & responds to customer complaints or inquiries.
- Assists with supervising the day-to-day task assignment and performance of team associates.
- Assists with the management of all matters relating to associates and the store team - training and coaching.
- Assists with planning and preparing work schedules and coordinates daily assignments and activities of associates.
- Adheres to all city, county, and state regulations including verifying age with a valid I.D. for any age restricted sales.
- Ensures execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
- Processes store invoices on a daily basis.
- Prepares daily deposit.
- Completes dally paperwork and other store reports.
- Conducts periodic store inventories.
- Maintains a clean, well-stocked store appearance at all times.
- Ensures profitability.
- All situations must be avoided that may create a conflict of interest including outside employment in a similar business.
- All duties must be performed in a manner that is free from unlawful harassment.
- The Assistant Manager will be able and willing to perform all duties of a typical store associate.
- Possess a positive commitment to customer service.
- Be a leader in following all Company policies and procedures.
- Provides motivation and learning opportunities for fellow team members.
- Assists with effectively implementing solutions to store challenges.
- Displays outstanding work ethics at all times in the areas of honesty, efficiency, professionalism and dependability.
- Displays punctuality and a neat appearance.
- Displays initiative in improving store and personal performance.
- Be knowledgeable of store merchandise including products, pricing and promotions.
- Always demonstrates leadership qualities.
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekends and holidays and will typically work and supervise shifts on an alternating basis with the General Manager.
- Must pass the background check and drug free workplace requirements.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires constant standing, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to perform tasks in all areas of the store which may include exposure to the cold while working in the cooler/freezer and while maintaining the parking lot and exterior of the stores perimeter.