|Company||Michaels Arts & Crafts|
|Job Title||Wilton Method Instructor|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
2253 Prairie Center Pkwy
Brighton, CO 80601
Wilton Method Instructor
The Wilton Method Instructor is responsible for teaching classes according to the Michaels/Wilton Class Schedule. The Wilton Method Instructor is responsible for creating an atmosphere of excitement in a Michaels store. The WiltonMethod Instructor is accountable for creating displays to support class promotion, performing demonstrations, promoting appropriate merchandise during classes, and generating repeat customers by providing detailed classinstruction.
- Be on time for all scheduled Wilton classes and demos
- Create an exciting classroom environment that entices students to learn new techniques
- Promote Michaels by actively seeking opportunities to develop a larger student baseC
- Provide exciting classes that follow current trends, as directed by Wilton and Michaels In-Store Events team
- Submit 6 week advance schedule of classes to teach to the Store Manager
- Teach approved Wilton classes according to the Michaels/Wilton Course and Project Class descriptions and course curriculum
- Maintain an active class schedule with regular attendance
- Coordinate with the Store Manager and Department Manager to ensure that all necessary course books and class products needed are available at Michaels before the 1st night of every class
- Teach classes that will significantly add to store sales when students purchase supplies and materials
to attend classes
- Ensure all merchandise used to conduct Wilton demos and classes is properly recorded to store use in
a timely manner
- Ensure Wilton Class Attendance Log and Payment Request is properly completed and submitted to
the MOD at completion of each class
- Condition of classroom/class area must be kept clean and maintain a safe environment
- Create class samples to be displayed in the store to increase class sign-up
- Maintain the mandatory Wilton demos as scheduled by the In-Store Events team and Wilton
- Provide product knowledge and advice on the use of products to students
- Review and understand all company communications and complete all training programs related to this
- Maintain a complete working knowledge of Michaels policies and procedures related to this position
- Complete Wilton training as required by Wilton in order to maintain your status as a Wilton Method
- Ensure the use of your time card and Wilton Class Attendance Log and Payment Request form to
correctly facilitate your pay
- Report your class activity to Wilton through the appropriate Wilton tracking procedure.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- Strong communication skills are essential to effectively interact with customers, store associates and
- Must be able to clearly express thoughts and ideas.
- Creative skills needed to develop class instructions and projects.
- Must be 18 years of age and successfully pass a background check.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.