|Job Title||Store Manager|
|Location||1833 4TH ST |
San Rafael, CA 94901
Statement of the Job
A Store Manager manages a convenience store according to company policies and procedures to ensure maximum sales and profitability. He/She supervises personnel within the store. A store manager is an exempt employee. Check with your supervisor if you have a question about the meaning of the word ‘exempt’ as used in this context.
- Have responsibility for the successful operation of the company store.
- Be able to perform all duties and responsibilities expected of any store associate and all other duties assigned or requested.
- Be responsible for meeting or exceeding store guidelines. This includes car wash sales (if you have a car wash), inventory, cash shortages, and budgeted hours.
- Develop and maintain a time schedule to adequately cover staffing needs to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and store cleanliness, while remaining within budget guidelines.
- Perform all administrative duties in an accurate, complete, and timely manner; including all required reports.
- Follow all corporate cash procedures, and strictly enforce corporate cash policies in the store.
- Manager customer relations in an efficient and courteous manner and provide for maximum customer satisfaction.
- Be responsible for overall store maintenance and immediately inform the general manager of all major equipment problems.
- Be responsible for enforcement of all company policies and procedures within the store.
- Be responsible for adhering to all local, state, and federal laws on aspects of store operations.
- Be responsible for store safety.
- Make sure that the store is properly stocked with product at all times, and there are adequate store supplies.
- Monitor facility gasoline inventories and properly report discrepancies.
- Interview, select, and hire store personnel using company-approved approaches and provide new employee training.
- Periodically conduct performance evaluations of employees.
- As necessary, counsel and/or discipline store associates, keeping in mind company policies and procedures.
- Terminate store associates as necessary, in conformance with company policies and procedures.
- Attend all manager meetings and required training sessions, and conduct regular employee meetings. Openly communicate with management on important issues.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Positive personality and customer-service oriented.
- Can work effectively with other employees and has good verbal and written communication skills.
- Can deal with pressure and work quickly and pay attention to details.
- Has a strong desire to succeed.
The list of requirements, duties, and responsibilities listed above is by no means a complete list. It is merely a general summary for the position described. Management reserves the right to revise or change this position description at any time.
**Please note that we accept applications for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old