|Job Title||General Manager|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Denton and Surrounding Areas
Denton, MD 21629
The General Manager is responsible for the management of the entire store operation. He or she will lead the team to ensure execution of organizational objectives and initiatives and achievement of store goals. The General Manager is responsible for customer and associate satisfaction, brand standards, and profitability. The General Manager will select, develop, and effectively lead a high performing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures a pleasant shopping experience for all customers, responds to customer complaints or inquiries.
- Supervises the day-to-day task assignment and performance of team associates.
- Manages all matters relating to associates and the store team – recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and performance management.
- Plans and prepares work schedules and coordinates daily assignments and activities of associates.
- Ensures accuracy of employee time keeping and payroll reporting.
- Adheres to all city, county, and state regulations including verifying age with a valid I.D. for any age restricted sales.
- Ensures execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
- Processes store invoices on a daily basis.
- Prepares daily deposit.
- Completes daily paperwork and other store reports.
- Conducts periodic store inventories.
- Maintains a clean, well-stocked store appearance at all times.
- Ensures profitability.
- All situations must be avoided that may create a conflict of interest including outside employment.
- All duties must be performed in a manner that is free from unlawful harassment.
- The General Manager will be able and willing to perform all duties of a typical store associate.
- Possess a positive commitment to customer service.
- Be a leader in following all Company policies and procedures.
- Provides motivation and learning opportunities for fellow team members.
- Effectively implements solutions to store challenges.
- Displays outstanding work ethics at all times in the areas of honesty, efficiency, professionalism and dependability.
- Displays punctuality and a neat appearance.
- Displays initiative in improving store and personal performance.
- Be knowledgeable of store merchandise including products, pricing and promotions.
- Always demonstrates leadership qualities.
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Must pass the background check and drug free workplace requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires constant standing, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to perform tasks in all areas of the store which may include exposure to the cold while working in the cooler/freezer and while maintaining the parking lot and exterior of the stores perimeter.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Please note that we are hiring candidates to train as General Managers. You will be training in one of our training locations, and then be assigned to one of the following locations:
- 1708 E Lebanon Road, Dover, DE 19901
- 6928 S Dupont Highway, Woodside, DE 19980
- 105 Delaware Avene, Hurlock, MD 21643
- 11425 S Dupont Highway, Felton, DE 19943
- 10519 Greensboro Road, Denton, MD 21629
Must be willing to travel