|Job Title||Grocery Manager|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Lafayette, CO 80026
The Grocery Manager ensures that the Grocery, Dairy, Frozen Foods, and Beer/Wine departments are well managed, resulting in a positive shopping experience for Sprouts' customers. The Grocery Manger is very involved with the department employees, and assists in hiring, coaching, and training employees, as well as conducting meetings and scheduling. This position is essential in ensuring that products are handled properly, rotated to ensure freshness, and that date controls are performed. Also responsible for ordering, vendor communications, compliance and sanitation, back room inventory and controls, and management of workplace and department safety, as well as reporting, financial control, and budget responsibilities.
Work hours include nights, weekends and holidays. Flexibility in store assignment is also required. Handling large sums of cash and closing the store each night in compliance with company standards is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Directs and manages all functions and activities of the Dairy, Frozen Foods, and Beer/Wine departments to achieve sales and profit standards.
- Directs team to deliver outstanding customer service,
- Greets customers and maintains good customer relations.
- Looks for areas where improvements in service may be required; implements processes, procedures and/or changes to address these issues.
- Assists management team in meeting sales, stock loss, labor objectives, and margin goals.
- Helps control costs by constantly monitoring and improving Grocery, Dairy, Frozen, and Beer/Wine operations to increase profitability.
- Helps to manage labor costs and reduce losses due to shrink, damage and pilferage.
- Monitors temperature of cases, shelves and storage areas and reports any failures to the Store Manager.
- Controls inventory to recommended stock levels, to maximize sales and to minimize stock loss.
- Manages and maintains acceptable inventory levels by tracking weekly sales reports; prepares and maintains records of inventories to calculate gross monthly profits consistent with Company guidelines.
- Orders product and supplies to meet customer requests and the Company's gross profit goals.
- Keeps stockroom clean and orderly.
- Follows maintenance and sanitation procedures established by Sprouts for coolers and freezers; reports problems to Store Manager.
- Follows and enforces Sprouts' Fresh-at-4 Program, ensuring proper rotation and organization of product and removing out-of-code items.
- Ensures placement of only saleable merchandise on the grocery shelves, paying particular attention to code dates.
- Promptly handles resets according to schedule, including deleted and new merchandise.
- Ensures weekly sale items are ordered, stocked, and available for our customers.
- Monitors all vendors to ensure proper adherence to Sprouts' standards.
- Assists in preparation of store for physical inventory counts.
- Assists with and/or oversees the unloading of trucks from distribution centers.
- Verifies all deliveries against invoices, notes shortages and overages and reports them to the appropriate supplier.
- Enforces and follows department practices regarding the receiving and stocking of product to ensure freshness and quality.
- Participates with store merchandising (i.e. building displays, stocking, holiday and seasonal merchandising) in order to meet the profit objectives of the department.
- Ensures that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for product freshness, food safety, weights and measures, store safety, employee safety, refrigeration, and sanitation are met.
- Schedules assigned employees and determines work assignments that most effectively utilize their skills and abilities.
- Oversees and directly participates in on-the-job training efforts in the department.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment.
- Ensures that department associates work safely at all times.
- Manages department staff to include: interviewing, hiring, training and development, delivering on-time performance appraisals, providing feedback, scheduling, counseling and terminating.
- Performs duties of staff as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1 year managerial or supervisory experience which includes responsibility for managing a department/team within a multi-department operation within the retail, hospitality, or service industry; plus degree in business, management, marketing, retailing, communications, advertising, liberal arts, or related fields preferred; or an acceptable combination of experience and education.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential
- Strong orientation to detail and analytical skills
- Solid problem solving skills and decisiveness.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff
- Forklift/power jack training and experience
- Food Safety certification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Organization and planning skills
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and extreme cold
- Fast paced working environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Lift moderately heavy loads up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to push/pull heavy loads
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old