Being a manger at Pollo Tropical is not all about controlling costs and managing food quality, it’s also about being able to direct, coach, lead, and develop others to be their best. We are looking for strong restaurant leaders who can help others get to the next level, while at the same time are interested in building their own skills as the company continues to grow and expand in new markets and international locations around the globe.
We seek individuals who take full accountability for their actions and are driven by results. As with anyone who has made a career in restaurant management, we expect you to understand how to manage and control cash, food costs, labor, guest service, speed of service, and the overall quality of our products. If this sounds like you, please take a further look at our minimum job requirements, benefits, company overview and culture.
Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc. owns, operates, and franchises the Pollo Tropical® and Taco Cabana® restaurant brands with 247 company-owned and operated restaurants. Pollo Tropical has over 3,000 employees and 90 company operated restaurants in Florida and Georgia, in addition to 40 franchised restaurants in the U.S., Puerto Rico, The Bahamas, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Trinidad, and Venezuela. Pollo Tropical is a fast-casual ethnic brand offering distinct and unique flavors with a broad appeal at a compelling value. We feature made-from-scratch cooking, fresh salsa bars, drive-thru service, and catering.
** Quick Casual Experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, resourceful and entrepreneurial
- Team member development
- Clean criminal history and valid driver’s license
- Drug free workplace
- Availability to work any shift and any day
- Two or more years of managing a restaurant
- Business degree, Hospitality/Culinary degree, or military related experience
ABOUT POLLO TROPICAL
The first Pollo Tropical restaurant opened in 1988 in Miami, Florida. Pollo Tropical became a part of the Carrols Restaurant Group in 1998, and is now part of Fiesta Restaurant group, operating two distinct brands: Pollo Tropical based in Miami, Florida and Taco Cabana, based in San Antonio, Texas. Today, we have more than 90 company-owned Pollo Tropical restaurants in Florida and Georgia. We also have several franchised locations at Florida universities. In addition, we have approximately 40 Pollo Tropical restaurants owned and operated by franchisees in The Bahamas, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Trinidad, and Venezuela. Pollo Tropical has over 3,000 employees. Its corporate headquarters are in Miami, Florida. Pollo Tropical restaurants combine high quality, distinctive menu items and an inviting tropical setting, with the convenience and value of quick service.
Pollo Tropical restaurants are not only great places to eat fresh, quality food, but also great opportunities for your career. Pollo Tropical's strong foundation and continued growth makes it an attractive work environment for motivated individuals who desire a rewarding career with significant opportunities for advancement. We pride ourselves on the fact that many of our senior managers and corporate employees began their careers with us as hourly team members. Our rich history and positive environment create a "family feeling" that includes all of our employees and customers.
COMPANY’S CULTURE & CORE VALUES:
Our Mission is to “create customers who rave about us, employees who are loyal to us, and competitors who envy us.”
WE LIVE OUR VALUES
- Work as a Team - Challenge & Inspire Ideas. Synergize to create a win-win outcome.
- Dream Big - Always strive to make yourself better. Set goals to grow personally and professionally.
- Get it Done - If it is to do, it’s up to you. Be accountable for your actions and inactions.
- Innovate - Improve performance & efficiency continually with our quality service, productivity, and practices.
- Make a Difference - Inspire creativity, passion, optimism, and fun with the teams you work on and communities you do business with.
- Play Fair - Use straight talk and include those who need to be involved. Work with, not around.
At Pollo Tropical we’ve combined great food, a festive atmosphere, and “invaluable members who make up POLLO TROPICAL’S team to create a successful restaurant concept.
Pollo Tropical’s strong market position and steady growth offers employees significant limitless career opportunities. You see, more than 50 of our Management team-began as team members in our restaurants.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- BCBS Preferred Medical Package and Choice Dental Coverage
- 401K Savings Plan
- Vacations, Holidays and Personal Days
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus Programs
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- 8-Week Paid Training Program
- Great Food You Can Be Proud to Serve and More!