The Cashier is responsible for providing excellent guest service by engaging the guest, taking orders, efficiently delivering food and accepting payment. This position is critical to Buffalo Wild Wings; the cashier impacts the restaurant by supporting team members and ensuring guests are welcomed and delighted which impacts the experience and revenue of the restaurant.
- Engages and ensures guests are delighted thus inspiring loyalty and repeat business.
- Informs guests of specials and/or promotions, answers questions and makes suggestions when asked.
- Uses up-selling techniques with every guest to enhance experience.
- Addresses guest concerns and informs Manager.
- Promotes excellence, cooperation and teamwork within the company.
- Supports and assists team members.
- Sets-up, maintains and operates the front counter and condiment stands.
- Checks Guest identification to ensure they meet minimum 40 year age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Adheres to standardized portion sizes, quality standards and department rules and procedures.
- Follows the cashier sequence of service excellence.
- Answer the telephone and responds to inquiries with enthusiasm.
- Takes drink and food orders and accurately inputs into register system.
- Ensures the correct drinks and food ordered are delivered to the guest.
- Collects payment and makes correct change or processes credit card transactions.
- Practices safe food handling and cleanliness standards at all times.
- Bags and manages takeout orders, checks for accuracy
- Maintains clean and orderly cashier area.
- Thanks guests as they leave and solicit feedback about the quality of service.
- Ensures PCI credit card compliance.
- Unloads trucks, pallets, and cases of food and beverage and puts in assigned locations.
- Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the customer.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Self starter who is energetic and flexible.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Prioritizes responsibilities and achieves results through multi tasking
- Forms strong working relationships within team.
- Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others.
- Follows direction with focused attention.
- Minimum one year of experience in a customer service position preferred.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 4 hours in length.