Assistant Boutique Manager
Supports the Boutique Manager with the strategic plans associated with growing the Boutique business overall. Assists in the daily operations and execution of boutique/retail operations while achieving and maximizing sales. Lead and supervise the team of boutique specialists to create and maintain the NESPRESSO brand and value for our customers.
Sales & Customer Service:
- Ensure achievement of sales and service level targets set for the boutique.
- Maximize capsule, accessories and machine sales in the boutique.
- Lead the team by example in servicing and selling the NESPRESSO Trilogy to our customers.
- Ensure the Boutique is clean and visual presentation properly set.
- Provide exceptional service to both existing and potential customers in an efficient and effective manner.
- Motivate and coach the team to provide exceptional customer service in keeping with our image and brand values.
- Proactively manage and deal with customer interactions and complaints.
- Manage shifts to ensure that each specialist and team are prepared and ready to work and communicate to each other at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Oversee and respond to the day to day organizational needs of the Boutique including but not limited to: store cleanliness, re-stocking, training staff on selling techniques, customer service, merchandising and product knowledge
- Leverage the strengths and competencies in the team.
- Ensure scheduling and staffing meet the needs of the business operations.
- Support and assist in the implementation of SOP’s and guidelines for the Boutique, ensuring full compliance by the team.
- Complete reports and/or documentation related to each shift.
- Supports Boutique manager in implementation of company programs by working directly with the team to execute action plans that meet the operations and organizations objectives.
Cash & Stock Management:
- Supervise and enforce the cash management policy, cash handling, boutique funds and deposit procedures.
- In partnership with the Boutique Manager analyze product sales performance and inventory needs, including the monitoring of expense and purchasing budgets
- Run monthly and quarterly stock inventories.
- Place weekly orders and define optimal delivery plan (frequency/cost/product availability/surface) to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained at all times.
- Manage all POS material.
- Manage all issues related to after sales service and customer queries.
- Ensure floor displays are filled with capsules, machines and accessories.
Training & Coaching:
- Maintain current and up to date knowledge on coffee and the NESPRESSO Trilogy.
- Continuously evaluate the quality of service and give individual feedback to the Boutique Specialists.
- Create a culture of continuous learning within the team through daily meetings, focused group sessions, formal training and one on ones.
- Responds to immediate Boutique and team needs by partnering with NESPRESSO resources (Human Resources, Finance, Trade) and external resources as needed.
- Acts as a coach and mentor by using discretion in assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching to improve performance and provide employment recommendations to Boutique Manager.
Knowledge & Professional Skills
- College degree in business or a closely related field.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-4 years retail experience.
- 2 years supervision experience
- Knowledge of coffee and products
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to deliver customer service that meets or exceeds the customer expectations
- Ability to use discretion in providing direction to others
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience with the implementation of systems and policies with regards to retail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team-building skills
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and some evenings
- Knowledge of coffee from the source to in the cup
- Fluent in English and local language
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old