|Job Title||Grocery Clerk|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Katy, TX 77494
Title: Grocery Clerk
Location: Assigned Store
Reports to: Grocery Manager
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
SOC: 43-5081.01 - Stock Clerks, Sales Floor Summary Description
The Grocery Clerk is responsible for providing support to the grocery, dairy, frozen and beer/wine departments. Essential Job Functions
- Provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service.
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy.
- Assists with receiving, unloading, stocking, filling and rotating merchandise.
- Stocks, rotates, merchandises and faces product according to department procedure.
- Maintains back-stock areas according to department standards.
- Assists in building displays; keeps shelves fully stocked and tidy.
- Assists with training other staff as needed.
- Has knowledge of weekly ad items; gives customers direction of product location throughout the store.
- Maintains excellent communication with store management team and front end at all times.
- General housekeeping in the department and in back room.
- Assists with front end duties as needed (cashiering, bagging, cart runs, etc.)
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Reliable and dependable; ability to follow direction.
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Strong communication skills; outgoing and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to perform repetitious activities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and stay organized.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential to interact with customers and employees.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time, and repetitive posture assumption.
- Repetitive arm and hand movements; manual dexterity to wrap, package and stock product.
- Must be able to lift and carry product weighing up to 60 lbs.; grabbing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 10 lbs., use a utility cart to move product up to 500 lbs. and a pallet jack to move product weighing 1000 lbs.
- Must be able to climb a 2 step stool.
- Requires vision to read directions, use a box cutter and stock shelves.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old