|Job Title||Bakery Manager|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Katy, TX 77494
Title: Bakery Manager
Location: Assigned Store
Reports to: Assistant Store Manager
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
SOC: 41-1011.00 - First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers Summary Description
The Bakery Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the Bakery Department. In addition to managing the daily output and display of bakery products, the Bakery Manager is focused on reducing costs, hiring, and training new employees, supervision, monitoring product quality and consistency, tracking inventory and managing the bakery's budget. This position ensures correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise and building of displays.
The Bakery Manager is responsible for managing department inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, and other operational processes to Sprouts standards. This position plans and orders according to company standards to maximize sales and gross profit. Essential Job Functions
- Role models excellent customer service for the Store team.
- Ensures that department employees provide excellent customer service and receive appropriate customer service training.
- Manages inventory, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to Sprouts standards.
- Demonstrates advanced product knowledge and maintains awareness of new products.
- Ensures the department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community; maintains shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times.
- Ensures the department is well maintained and meets or exceeds company standards for appearance and freshness.
- Enforces loss controls and strives for minimum shrink.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and develops team members in accordance with company policies and procedures; administers performance reviews and corrective actions.
- Evaluates department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforces strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Ensures company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Offer product samples, answer product questions and offer assistance in finding or suggesting product selection.
- Cleans walls, fans and drains in bakery coolers, display cases and work area.
- Cooks and prepares bakery products according to company guidelines.
- Prepares special orders as requested by customers (e.g., special occasion cakes, party platters, etc.).
- Schedules department employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years' retail grocery experience or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and leadership skills, preferably one or more years of experience in being able to direct and supervise individuals and manage work and priorities
- Analytical ability and proficiency in math sufficient to calculate margins, monitor profitability and manage inventory.
- Comprehensive Bakery product knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to train and mentor Bakery team members.
- Familiarity with natural foods and alternative diets preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential
- Solid problem solving skills and decisiveness.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Appropriate Food Safety/Handlers certification/card.
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Organization and planning skills
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- The job requires standing, walking, bending, climbing throughout the entire work day and the ability to lift, stack and maneuver objects; lifting requirements range from 5 to 40 lbs.
- Weekend, evening and holiday work is required in the position.
- Minimum age for employment is 18.
- Must tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures; working in freezer/cooler, and around ovens.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old