|Job Title||POS Specialist|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Wages||To be discussed|
3301 32nd Ave
Grand Forks, ND 58201
At Kohl’s, we encourage our Associates to take control of their own success. Working at Kohl’s requires energy, commitment and a competitive spirit. Here, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment filled with challenges and opportunities. You will be able to try new things, set goals and build a career that fits your expectations — and have some fun along the way!
Kohl's is currently hiring POS Specialists!
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for greeting customers and ensuring that customers’ purchases are processed accurately and efficiently
- Reinforces Point-of-Sale customer service standards and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures on handling Point-of-Sale operations
- Resolves customers’ issues and may direct workflow to POS Associates
- Assists in training new store Associates and Sales Associates on Point-of-Sale operations and customer service standards
- Responsible for ensuring that credit standards are communicated and credit goals are achieved
- Makes change and performs cash pick-ups from registers. Fills and maintains on-hand supplies of receipts, bags, application brochures, etc.
- Opens and closes registers and records appropriate information on balance sheets to prevent cash losses
- Performs other duties such as, assisting customers at the Customer Service Desk; conducting additional training programs; greeting customers at assigned stations; hanging, folding, ticketing or straightening merchandise; assisting with recovery in departments; assisting in housekeeping duties; assisting in the preparation and taking of inventory and assisting in stockroom organization
- Prior experience in retail, customer service or other work environment involving contact with the public.
- Prior supervisory experience in one of the above environments.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of his/her working time standing or moving about register areas and around the store. Physical activities include holding a scanning gun, keying and processing register transactions; lifting and bagging merchandise; bending, stooping and reaching on a frequent basis.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
Click “Apply Now” to begin your application process today!
- Minimum Age
- 17+ years old
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision for full-time Associates
- Special medical, dental and vision plans for part-time Associates
- Group term life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan, plus a corporate match
- Immediate merchandise discount at all our stores
- Paid holidays
- Child and dependent care flex plan
- Medical flex plan
- Long-term disability plan for full-time Associates
Plus, we offer an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Every year, the company buys shares of Kohl's stock and contributes them to a trust. That stock is then divided among our eligible Associates, making you — in essence — part owner of Kohl's Department Stores.
As a store Associate, you'll also become eligible for our Associate of the Month program which recognizes one outstanding Associate in every store each month. You'll also become part of the Kohl's store camaraderie: our store Associates usually plan at least one fun activity every month.
These are just some of the rewards you'll realize as a Kohl's Store Associate!