FRONT COUNTER AND DRIVE THRU CASHIER, EXPEDITOR, HOSTESS
Part of having a great career is working in a great environment. At DQ, you’ll find a family-friendly, customer-orientated culture. We know you want to make a difference and achieve great things-and have fun doing it! We invite you to be a part of our family and build a great career with us.
You will get training and gain valuable skills you will need to have a successful career with Dairy Queen or whatever career path you choose!
Purpose of Job:
Execute all customer service operations, ensuring all prepared products meet the restaurant standards of quality and excellence.
- Communicate clearly, quickly and politely with co-workers to ensure correct order is served to the customers.
- Be pleasant and alert to customer needs, greet guests as they enter restaurant or drive thru.
- Initiate and complete customer transactions quickly and accurately through the drive thru, maintain cash drawer.
- Assemble and deliver order to customers quickly and efficiently.
- Keep entire work area clean and sanitary throughout shift, participate in general cleaning of location.
- Prepare products quickly and accurately, while following all preparation, health and safety standards and guidelines when needed.
- Operate and maintain food/drink/treat related equipment and registers properly and safely.
- Complete assigned prep work for stocking and set up of work area.
- Stock and execute proper rotation of products.
- Work as a “team” member to assure constant and consistent quality, service, cleanliness and value to each customer.
- Wash counters, tables, restrooms, trash receptacles, gather trash and remove from dining/service areas to proper receptacle, sweep, mop, stock and other cleaning tasks. Occasional need to be out of building (i.e., parking lot, freezer, trash container areas, etc.) for parking lot pick-up, trash removal and other maintenance and cleaning activities.
- Inform immediate supervisor promptly of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by management staff or shift leaders.
Qualified candidates must have excellent customer service skills including strong verbal communication skills, exhibit good manners, proper personal hygiene, positive attitude, and promptness.
- Must be able to work in and out of different temperature ranges.
- Clean up after all kinds of messy situations.
- Capability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to move and respond quickly to various requests and directions, read order monitors and communicate clearly and effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
- 1/2 Price Meals while working
- Free Drinks while working
- 1 week Paid Vacation after 1 year employment
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Scheduling
- Low Cost Health Insurance (Employee Paid)
- Credit Union
- Christmas Bonus Up to $120.00 a year