|Job Title||Personal Care Assistant|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
5600 Kentshire Drive
Dayton, OH 45440
Personal Care Assistant
FirstLight HomeCare is a company built on the strength of its people. We look for individuals with a passion for excellence, who will help make us better and who will bring our clients exceptional care and compassion every day. Immediate consideration will be provided to those applicants with overnight and weekend availability.
A FirstLight HomeCare Personal Care Assistant is an individual who has completed personal care training and is competent to perform assigned functions of personal care to a client in his/her residence.
An applicant for the position of FirstLight HomeCare Personal Care Assistant will need to meet the following basic qualifications:
- The applicant must have completed FirstLight HomeCare's orientation, non-medical training program, be trained in patient privacy issues and demonstrate basic knowledge and competency in the field of senior care.
- The applicant must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
- The applicant must have the ability to carry out directions, and to read and write.
- The applicant must demonstrate maturity, professionalism and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- The applicant must be state-licensed (where required) and submit to a complete background-check, including a check of criminal and driving records along with finger printing and substance testing where required.
- The applicant must be 18 years of age and a citizen of the United States.
A FirstLight HomeCare Personal Care Assistant can/will:
- Assist clients with personal hygiene, including shower, tub or bed baths, oral care, hair and skin care.
- Assist patients in the use of toilet facilities, including bed pans.
- Assist clients in and out of bed, excluding the use of mechanical lifting equipment unless trained and documented as competent in that service.
- Assist clients with walking, including the use of walkers and wheelchairs, when applicable.
- Assist clients with self-administration of medications.
- Meal preparation and feeding, when required.
- Assist with prescribed exercises when the patient and the aide have been instructed by the appropriate health professional.
- Record and report changes in the client's physical condition, behavior or appearance to supervisor or Care Coordinator.
- Documenting services delivered in accordance with FirstLight HomeCare policies and procedures.
A FirstLight HomeCare Personal Care Assistant works both indoors in the agency office and in the field with clients and referral sources.
- Supervised by: Care Coordinator
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
- Heavy lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old