FirstLight HomeCare is a company built on the strength of its people. We look for individuals with a passion for excellence, who will help make us better and who will bring our clients exceptional care and compassion every day.
A FirstLight HomeCare Personal Care Assistant is an individual who has completed personal care training and is competent to perform assigned functions of personal care to a client in his/her residence.
An applicant for the position of FirstLight HomeCare Personal Care Assistant will need to meet the following basic qualifications:
- The applicant must have completed FirstLight HomeCare's orientation, non-medical training program, be trained in patient privacy issues and demonstrate basic knowledge and competency in the field of senior care.
- The applicant must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
- The applicant must have the ability to carry out directions, and to read and write.
- The applicant must demonstrate maturity, professionalism and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- The applicant must be state-licensed (where required) and submit to a complete background-check, including a check of criminal and driving records along with finger printing and substance testing where required.
- The applicant must be 18 years of age and a citizen of the United States.
A FirstLight HomeCare Personal Care Assistant can/will:
- Assist clients with personal hygiene, including shower, tub or bed baths, oral care, hair and skin care.
- Assist patients in the use of toilet facilities, including bed pans.
- Assist clients in and out of bed, excluding the use of mechanical lifting equipment unless trained and documented as competent in that service.
- Assist clients with walking, including the use of walkers and wheelchairs, when applicable.
- Assist clients with self-administration of medications.
- Meal preparation and feeding, when required.
- Assist with prescribed exercises when the patient and the aide have been instructed by the appropriate health professional.
- Record and report changes in the client's physical condition, behavior or appearance to supervisor or Care Coordinator.
- Documenting services delivered in accordance with FirstLight HomeCare policies and procedures.
A FirstLight HomeCare Personal Care Assistant works both indoors in the agency office and in the field with clients and referral sources.
- Supervised by: Care Coordinator
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
- Heavy lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old