|Company||Children's Choice Learning Centers|
|Job Title||Assistant Educator|
1900 23 rd Street S
Great Falls, MT 59405
Children’s Choice Learning Centers, Inc is a national leader in the field of Early Care and Education. We are committed to excellence and our centers reflect that commitment. Children’s Choice recognizes that our goals can only be achieved by employing people who embrace our Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Dignity, Respect, Enthusiasm, Niceness, Fun, Innovation, Relationships, Social Purpose, and Trust. These Core Values and our passion for making a difference in the lives of young children provide the foundation on which all of our decisions are based.
Children’s Choice is committed to accreditation as evidenced by the fact that 100% of our eligible centers are accredited or are in the process of becoming accredited. We offer low teacher-child ratios, state of the art equipment, and a nurturing and loving environment for children and educators.
Children’s Choice serves the changing needs of America’s families, We believe that children thrive when there is a strong bridge between the home and the center and our programs support active parent participation and input.
Children’s Choice also serves the changing needs of those who educate America’s children. We work closely with our educators to ensure that we support them in the same caring way they provide care for others. Our proprietary curriculum, Children’s Choice Classics, provides a foundation for educators to ensure their success while giving them the latitude to be creative, seize the teachable moments, and control their own classrooms.
If you have what it takes to become part of a great growing organization whose passion is doing it right consistently for children then Children's Choice Learning Centers is the place for you!
- Provides a safe, and healthy environment for young children and meets all internal and external regulatory agencies policies and procedures
- Implements and participates in educational activities for young children to promote the development of cognitive, social, emotional and physical development of each child
- Responsible for the general supervision and management of each classroom with the purpose of following company’s Mission and Values statement
- Develops and encourages positive parent and educator relations
Supervision/Health and Safety
- Supervises and monitors children at all times
- Ensures that all activities offered are implemented in a safe and efficient manner
- Provides positive guidance to children that includes redirecting, positive language and positive reinforcement
- Recognizes, documents, and takes appropriate action of suspected child abuse and neglect, illness or accident
- Implements educational activities including a variety of themes and subjects such as language development, math development, diversity, gross and fine motor skills development, self-help skill development, science, art, music, health and hygiene, social studies and self-esteem
- Individualizes one-to-one and group activities to reflect the unique needs and strengths of all children in each classroom
- Follows a consistent schedule which includes small and large group experiences for each child
- Teaches in a variety of techniques which include modeling, observing, questioning, demonstrating and reinforcing for the children
- Respects and communicates in a professional manner with parents to build long term relationships with families
- Maintains confidentiality concerning child issues and handles this information in an appropriate manner
- Promotes and maintains good working relationships with other educator members as well as members of the management team
- Participates in scheduled educator meetings
- Meets or exceeds all internal and external regulatory requirements
- Ability to perform each essential function satisfactorily and meet the Education/Experience, Personal Skills/Characteristics, Language Skills, Mathematical Skills, Reasoning Ability, Physical Conditions, Work Environment and Environmental Conditions listed below.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Must meet or exceed state licensing requirements for age, education and experience
PERSONAL SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- High energy level
- Superior interpersonal abilities
- Resourceful and well organized
- Strong commitment for doing it right for young children
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to read and write and communicate to parents, peers and managers
- Ability to understand and communicate basic math concepts
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to an emergency or a crisis situation
- Requires daily standing, sitting, bending and stooping
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work overtime and odd schedules
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.