|Job Title||Home Health Aide / HHA|
Alcoa & Surrounding Areas
Alcoa, TN 37701
Home Health Aide / HHA
We have a part-time opening for a Home Health Aide / HHA.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Home Health Aide / HHA
The Home Health Aide or HHA is a member of the home care team who performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the client’s needs. The Home Health Aide HHA is responsible for observing clients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
The Home Health Aide HHA will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a client’s care.
• Provide client care as directed by the Director of Nursing or registered nurse supervisor.
• Provide personal care:
o Grooming, including oral care
o Assist the client with dressing and undressing
o Assist the client with toileting activities
o Assist in feeding the client
o Feed clients who are unable to feed themselves
o Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown (i.e. turn and reposition client, actively encourage movement)
o Assist client with active and passive range of motions as defined by the plan of care
o Provide client with help walking and transferring
o Observe client’s physical, mental and emotional conditions.
? Report any change to the office personnel
? Document observed changes
o Measure and document intake and output
o Assist client in the self-administration of medication (medication reminder)
o Perform light housekeeping
o Perform meal preparation and clean up
o Change bed linens and make up the client’s bed
o Maintain an orderly client environment
• Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions
• Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities.
• Provide transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping
• Participates in client teaching according to the client’s plan of care
• Assist in providing a safe environment and promote quality patient care through adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
• Ensure client’s rights are adhered to. These include but are not limited to:
o the right to privacy and dignity while care is being provided
o the right to accept or refuse care
o the right to confidentiality of their information
• Respond rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation
• Use equipment properly and in a safe manner.
• High school diploma or GED
• Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience required
• Certified in CPR
• Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
• Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with the organizations requirements.
• Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
• Empathy for the needs of the client
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to express spoken and/or written ideas in English
• Treats clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents appositive public image.
• Works as a team member
• Ensures confidentiality and security of the client’s medical information