|Job Title||Registered Nurse (RN)|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
4914 Radford Avenue, Suite 211
Richmond, VA 23230
Registered Nurse (RN)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Job Summary: The Registered Nurse works directly under the supervision of the Administrator and is responsible for the supervision of the Personal Care Aides and the Companion Caregivers. He/she is responsible for the initial assessment of the care recipients and for providing a Plan of Care for each.
Qualifications: The RN shall have a current license by the Virginia State Board of Nurses and at least three (3) years of experience in nursing. The RN must provide at least three (3) satisfactory references from previous employers. He/she should possess the ability to manage and coordinate the care of the care recipients with the caregivers, maintaining a pleasant and cohesive working relationship.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- The registered nurse performs the initial in-home evaluation and assessment of the care recipient.
- Reevaluating the care recipient’s needs at least quarterly.
- Initiating the care recipient’s plan of care.
- In-home supervision of Personal Care Aides and Companion Caregivers.
- Initiating preventive nursing procedures.
- Reporting changes in care recipient’s medical or mental condition to attending physician and to agency employees involved in the care recipient’s care.
- Teaching or supervising the teaching of household members who are responsible for assisting the care recipient with his personal care needs.
- Conducting orientation and training or supervising the orientation and training of agency employees assigned to the care recipient’s care, including Alzheimer’s training.
- Participating in the quality assurance reviews and evaluations of the services provided to the care recipients.
- Conduct in-home supervisory visits at least once every 60 days for a Personal Care Aide; for Companion caregiver, conduct in-home supervisory visits once every 90 days. The individual being supervised is to be delivering care at the time of the supervisory visit and be present.
- Reviewing all caregiver time sheets/journals
- Conducting Employee Performance reviews when required
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old