|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
|Location||2100 Barnett Shoals Rd. |
Athens, GA 30605
THE HISTORY OF ZAXBY'S
Zaxby’s – How a great idea was hatched.
Step into the way-back machine and set the dials to 1990. Step into a world where Seinfeld isn’t a hit, Starbucks aren't on every corner, and cell phones were way too big to fit in your pocket. But something is missing. There is no Zaxby’s.
That’s because childhood pals Zach McLeroy and Tony Townley hadn’t invented it yet. They were still hanging out playing basketball at Zach’s, talkin’ trash and imagining it into being. They didn’t know much about the restaurant business. But they knew this much: the chicken they could find in Statesboro, Georgia, was okay, but not really fresh or zesty. And the local wing joints were good, but couldn’t touch the wing joints where they went to school. Plus, none of the local chicken places were fun or had any personality. So they dreamed up Zaxby’s. Right there. On the basketball court. Between Zach’s missed foul shots and Tony’s bricks from 3-point land. The rest, as they say, is chicken history.
Counter & Kitchen Staff – A Tasty Job Opportunity.
Want to get paid to make somebody’s day? We’re looking for cheerful, efficient, responsible men and women to make the world a better place – one delicious chicken finger at a time. Each Zaxby’s® restaurant is independently owned and operated, so stop by the nearest location to inquire about current positions.
To serve the customer by providing them with a superior food product and quick, friendly, and superior service.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direction from the store’s management team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assembling menu items
- Prepping all food items
- Packaging the menu items
- Portion control
- Proper holding and storage of all food items
- Taking out the trash
- Assisting in front-of-house operations as necessary
- Unpacking and storing incoming inventory orders
- Reporting to management when equipment is malfunctioning
- Cleaning the kitchen and storage areas
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment
Varies according to shift.
Non-exempt from overtime.
Refer to state regulations.
DOCUMENTATION OF HOURS WORKED:
Use of the POS system and print-out when arriving to work and leaving work.
- Eager to work
- Takes pride in work
- Willing and able to learn
- Able to follow procedures and recipes as specified
- Good motor skills
- Capacity to concentrate on more than one thing at a time
- Attention to detail
- Good common sense
- Ability to carry heavy items, such as 30 lb bags of produce
- A team player
- Basic math skills for counting
- Sharp listening skills
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Lifting a minimum 50 lbs. overhead
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Communicating with others
- Reading and writing
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
- Education: Must have the ability to read and write
- Experience: Minimum 1 yr. experience within the quick-service restaurant industry preferred
Restaurant environment; hazardous conditions
Essential functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for standing, walking or sitting for prolonged periods of time
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.