|Job Title||Assistant Manager|
|Location||8040 White Bluff Rd. |
Savannah, GA 31406
THE HISTORY OF ZAXBY'S
Zaxby’s – How a great idea was hatched.
Step into the way-back machine and set the dials to 1990. Step into a world where Seinfeld isn’t a hit, Starbucks aren't on every corner, and cell phones were way too big to fit in your pocket. But something is missing. There is no Zaxby’s.
That’s because childhood pals Zach McLeroy and Tony Townley hadn’t invented it yet. They were still hanging out playing basketball at Zach’s, talkin’ trash and imagining it into being. They didn’t know much about the restaurant business. But they knew this much: the chicken they could find in Statesboro, Georgia, was okay, but not really fresh or zesty. And the local wing joints were good, but couldn’t touch the wing joints where they went to school. Plus, none of the local chicken places were fun or had any personality. So they dreamed up Zaxby’s. Right there. On the basketball court. Between Zach’s missed foul shots and Tony’s bricks from 3-point land. The rest, as they say, is chicken history.
Store Management – Chicken Management Skills Preferred.
Are you a born leader with a highly developed sense of taste? We’re looking for bright, organized, personable professionals with a knack for leadership in the quick service restaurant industry.
Management shall be known to conduct business in accordance with the highest standards, morals, and ethics. We shall be known as mentors and leaders by personal example. We shall strive to enhance our guest experiences by satisfying and exceeding their expectations.
-The Founder’s Core Values
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direction and reports to their Assistant General Manager and General Manager
Assists in the supervision of 2-4 shift managers and 15-50 employees
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Strive to enhance our guest experiences at every opportunity by satisfying and exceeding guest expectations.
- Supports the General Manager and Assistant General Manager in the use of all systems and training programs.
- Responsible for providing crew members with appropriate training.
- Assist in the execution of action plans.
- Oversee all FOH and BOH operations in compliance with ZFI and Zax, Inc. standards.
- Control cost by maintaining operational standards, proper truck ordering/receiving and inventory control.
- Provide leadership by generating excitement, enthusiasm, a positive mental attitude and commitment toward company objectives.
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility that allows performance above and beyond the parameters of this position description.
Work a 48 hour work week minimum
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Lifting a minimum 50 lbs. overhead
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Communicating with others
- Reading and writing
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
- In-store training program completed.
- Online ZFI AM test passed with a 90% or above.
- In-store ZFI Kitchen Demonstrative passed with a 90% or above.
- Office environment; work with computer and office equipment.
- Restaurant environment; work with advanced kitchen and front-of-house operational equipment; hazardous conditions.
- Essential job functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for standing, walking or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.