4474 Third St
Detroit, MI 48201
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or older.
Days/Hours Requirement: This position is seeking candidates with flexible availabilities Sunday through Saturday. Ideal candidates would be able to work a variety of hours including opening (7a) and closing the shop (11p). Candidate available to work either opening shifts (7am-5p) or closing shifts (3p-11p) will be considered.
A glimpse at the job:
If you love the scents and sounds of brewing coffee and understand how important that morning cup is, there’s no better place for you to work than The Bottom Line Coffee House, a new coffee house, located in the cool, hip “Midtown” neighborhood in Detroit, MI.
In the role of Barista, you’ll work with a team of coffee fans to ensure customers have the freshest, most delicious blends of coffee available throughout the day – and receive it with the incredible service that The Bottom Line Coffee House prides itself on.
I will contribute by:
- Providing incredible customer service by building rapport with customers, remembering “regular” drink orders and conversing with customers while preparing orders
- Maintaining product levels throughout the day by stocking, refilling, rotating and preparing fresh coffee products and specialty beverages
- Using knowledge of and passion for the industry to educate others about current and new products, making recommendations to meet a customer’s needs, and helping plan and prepare delicious beverages for daily enjoyment and special events
- Following our core recipes to prepare drink orders with speed and accuracy, producing a consistent outcome every time
- Merchandising products in innovative and eye-catching displays to increase customer awareness and promote sales in the department
- Maintaining open lines of communication with team members to ensure all tasks are efficiently completed, including maintaining the overall appearance of the department
- Working with team leader to set and achieve goals for professional development
- Properly maintaining and operating all equipment and machinery in the house, including but not limited to, espresso machines, blenders, commercial coffee brewers and coffee pots while being mindful of safety and food safety techniques
The abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired product knowledge
- Has knowledge of products used in the coffee house to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding and/or brewing great coffee at home.
This will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Experience working in a coffee shop or kiosk environment
- Ability to create beautiful coffee art
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive arm and hand movements, bending, reaching and frequent lifting
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 10 pounds of product with the occasional need to lift a maximum of 35 pounds
- Will spend time in cooler and working with hot equipment and products
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Will spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand without a break for up to 4 hours
Employment at the Bottom Line Coffee House may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a criminal background check.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old