A housekeeper’s main responsibility is to provide clean, and comfortable guest rooms in line with AmericInn standards, while ensuring guest satisfaction by providing friendly and courteous service.
- Assists all guests in a sincere and courteous manner, whenever possible going the extra mile and doing whatever it takes to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Thoroughly and correctly cleans and sets up guest rooms according to AmericInn operational policies and standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Removes soiled bed and bath linens and replaces with clean linens
- Removes trash and debris from guest room
- Cleans all surfaces in bathroom area
- Dusts all surfaces
- Replenishes promotional materials/literature
- Replenishes room amenities
- Vacuums room
- Follows E.T.C. (Extra Thoughtful Care) procedures in stay-over rooms
- Reports unusual circumstances to supervisor
- Reports maintenance requests promptly
- Turns in articles left in rooms to front desk for lost and found handling
- Maintains clean and orderly cart and vacuum cleaner to maximize job efficiency.
- Reports all “DO NOT DISTURB” or bolted door rooms to the general manager at the specified time to ensure guest safety and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Organizes storage areas to ensure the quality of the contents and to maximize job efficiency.
- Checks stock to determine adequacy for day’s work
- Re-stocks storage rooms and/or carts
- Pulls damaged and/or rewash linen and returns it to the laundry storage areas
- Locks linen closets, linen chutes, and trash chutes to ensure maximum safety and security at all times.
- Acquires working knowledge of the property and all facilities to respond to guest questions effectively.
- Understands and applies all hotel safety and security procedures as required to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees and guests.
- Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken.
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
- Ability to accept directions and priorities from supervisor and reliably follow through on tasks.
- Ability to perform job duties with a minimum of disruption to the guest.
- Ability to be friendly and cheerful; interacts easily with strangers.
- Ability to cooperate and support others.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to safely work with cleaning equipment and cleaning chemicals including: vacuum cleaners, brooms, mops, etc.
- Good hand dexterity required to dust, polish, make beds, fold towels, etc.
- Grooming must meet property standards.
All candidates that receive a conditional employment offer will be required to complete a drug test and background check.
**Please note: Phone calls are not required once the application is complete.**
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
Typical hours for Housekeeping are 8:00 AM – 4:00PM, but may vary based on hotel occupancy