A Shift Leader has the same responsibilities of the Assistant Store Manager, but requiring less experience. They perform duties in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures. They ensure compliance with standards for customer relations, brand equity, food costs, safety, sanitation, and product preparation and merchandising. They will manage the business unit during low or high volume periods, opening and closing hours, etc. The Shift Leader assumes overall responsibility for the operation of the business unit in Store Manager or Assistant Manager’s absence.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Store Manager in the interviewing, hiring, training, and maintaining records of all new employees using approved HR guidelines.
- Responsible for monitoring performance/customer service of employees.
- Responsible for managing the sales floor during peak hours of operation to ensure courteous, accurate and efficient service.
- Complete weekly food and paper inventory.
- Maintain all databases, and POS systems, ensuring that they are up-to-date.
- Assist in the daily cash management functions.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Knowledge, skills and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job include:
- 2-3 years experience in a retail environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with employees and outside partners at all levels of the organization.
- Intermediate leadership and team building skills.
- Available to work flexible hours when needed.
- Must read, write and speak English clearly.
- Basic PC skills
- Food Handler Certification
- Assist in the completion of the weekly schedule for store personnel.