|Job Title||Diesel Mechanic Level 3|
|Location||Tifton, GA |
Tifton, GA 31793
Diesel Mechanic Level 3
Diesel Mechanic III
A Diesel Mechanic is responsible for providing service to our customers while maintaining exceptional customer service. This can include: cleaning, maintenance, visual inspection, and removal of parts and attachments. Installation with the help of proper manuals, report writing, disassembly, assembly, parts reuse evaluation, and reconditioning.
Rush Truck Centers is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Provide technical service to vehicles and equipment.
- Perform general and detailed repair of all trucks, engines and components.
- Overhaul gas or diesel engines.
- Install injectors, pistons, liners, cam shafts, cylinder heads, rod and main bearings, oil pans, clutches, fan hubs, differentials, fifth wheels, brakes, change or recharge batteries, and replace transmissions and other parts.
- Read job order, observe and listen to vehicle in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and make adjustments as needed.
- Lubricate moving parts and drive repaired vehicle to verify conformance to specifications.
- Tag all warranty parts and returns to warranty clerk.
- Attend training classes and keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers to increase overall customer satisfaction.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5 years’ experience as a Class 7 & 8 technician in a dealership or related truck service facility
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
Rush Enterprises and its Affiliate Companies are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers.