|Job Title||Child Care Worker for Girls Group Home|
|Job Type||Full-time, Part-time|
Hanford, CA 93230
Child Care Worker for Girls Group Home
Job Title: Child Care Worker (for girls group home in Hanford)
Department: Residential Care
Reports To: Facility Manager
Works directly with residents in a residential group home setting by ensuring the physical, emotional, medical and mental well-being of the residents in their care. Child Care Workers act as a role model, provide supervision, transportation, meals and medical support. They supervise planned group and/or individual structured activities according to a daily schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains all resident and facility records.
- Ensures compliance with all aspects of Title 22.
- Meets punctuality and attendance standards.
Medical, Mental and Physical Well-being of Residents:
- Gains resident specific knowledge of the DSM, special education, medication dosages, symptoms, side effects, and Juvenile Codes.
- Supervises, protects and cares for children (individually and in groups) at all times.
- Provides crisis intervention for residents posing a danger to themselves, others or property, including physical aggression and self-abusive behavior.
- Assists residents in achieving his/her Needs and Service Plan.
- Notes resident’s progress identifies possible need for professional services; communicates findings to professional staff.
- Prepares behavioral and incident reports, as needed.
- Documents residents’ day-to-day activities.
- Attends various community events and functions with residents.
- Administers discipline and sets limits for acceptable behaviors.
- Reports suspected neglect or abuse as a Mandated Reporter.
- Schedules residents medical and dental appointments.
- Conducts monthly resident weight check.
- Prepares meals, performs housekeeping duties and maintains facility in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Transports residents to medical and dental appointments.
- Charts resident’s progress and day-to-day activities.
- Assists residents with grooming and bathing, if necessary.
- Dispenses medication.
- Handles any crisis intervention for residents posing a danger to themselves, others or property including physical aggression and self-abusive behavior.
- Works with residents to handle individual problems and achieving their personal goals.
Management of Physical Facility and Internal Operations
- Frequently assesses group home program delivery to operate in an efficient and cost effective manner while maintaining compliance with Title 22. Immediately elevates concerns or barriers of this goal to the Facility Manager.
- Attends house staff meetings on a monthly basis.
- Attends house meetings with residents, group home staff, and if needed, the Facility Manager or Therapists to address staff and resident issues and find resolutions, on a monthly basis.
- Conducts facility menu and food charting.
- Conducts monthly fire drills.
- Conducts water tap tests weekly.
- Conducts check of First Aid Kit contents for completion.
- Conducts facility check for maintenance problems.
- Ensures accuracy of paperwork submitted to Facility Manager and Facility Administrator.
- Works with the spirit of cooperation and teamwork with all staff.
- Attends all in-service sessions to accrue 40 hours of training within one (1) year of hire date.
- Provides clear, timely and accurate communication to house and corporate staff.
- Responds to voicemails and inquires within four (4) hours of receipt.
- Ensures that the group home expenditures stay in line with the assigned budget limitations.
- Elevates issues in a timely manner and to the appropriate person.
- Verifies accuracy of timecards and weekly logs PRIOR to submitting to Facility Manager for processing.
- Alerts the Facility Manager in advance if corporate vehicle will be needed.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Required two (2) year minimum experience providing direct supervision of children or 2 yrs education (60 units); Required 21 years of age or older; Required experience providing type of care specific to working with at-risk children/youth, including communicating with such youth; Knowledge of, and the ability to comply with, Title 22 regulations and applicable laws governing residential care facilities.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to residents, customers (internal/external), and other employees of the organization. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from internal/external parties. Ability to read and interpret medical and office reports.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percentages. Ability to measure liquids and count pills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving youth, using good judgment and decision-making skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and use of basic office equipment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Required to meet standards set by Community Care Licensing: physical exam and health questionnaire; TB Clearance; Statement of Criminal Convictions; Child Abuse Index Check; and Fingerprint Clearance. First Aid/CPR Certification required. Required to possess current and valid California Driver’s License, acceptable DMV record and proof of current vehicle insurance.
Other Skills and Abilities
Understands and implements Title 22 regulations and applicable laws. Ability to interact with a wide range of individuals, i.e., coworkers, inspection representatives, placement agencies, law enforcement, medical/emergency personnel, etc.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, restrain and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee will encounter moderate levels of stress.
mOTIVATION / iNITIATIVE: Sets high standards of performance; Goes beyond their job description with being asked; Alerts their supervisor when their workload has slowed; Meets difficult challenges with resourcefulness; Has a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done; Extra effort to achieve a goal; Brings problems to their supervisor’s attention before due dates.
Industry/Organization Knowledge: Gains current knowledge of our industry; Shares expertise with others; Aligns work with company goals.
Teamwork: Builds morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes constructive feedback; Uses team to elevate relevant issues; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Self-Management: Shows openness and flexibility to different and new ways of doing things; Handles day-to-day work challenges with confidence; Adjusts to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change; Shows resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity; Conveys willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
Administration: Responds to management direction and requests for service; Follows instructions; Completes multiple and competing tasks on time; Ensures work is accurate and complete; Takes responsibility for own actions; Allocates time efficiently; Does more than what is normally requires in a situation.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- English (United States)
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old