Wingstop Shift Leader
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
A Shift Leader has the overall responsibility of supporting the General Manager in day to day operations of the restaurant, and for directing the daily operations of a restaurant in the General Manager’s absence. The Shift Leader must convey the Wingstop culture to his/her fellow crew members and be a creative team player who is passionate about hard work, about having fun, and demonstrating sincere dedication to the success of the brand. Every Team Member is responsible for representing the culture and mission of Wingstop to Serve the World Flavor!
People Management: Responsible for assisting the General Manager in staffing the restaurant timely and efficiently with carefully selected team. Ensure the restaurant environment is safe at all times for both team members and guests; create the culture in the restaurant through respect, recognition and reward. Must work well with others and support the Wingstop Team. Must have a proven ability to work well under pressure and at a fast pace. Must listen well to team members and provide feedback. Must be willing to assist all other positions when necessary.
Guest Experience: Must have an outgoing and positive attitude in dealing with guests. Greet all guests in a timely manner (3-5 seconds at most). Ensure that each guest has a positive, long-lasting impression of the Wingstop experience. Handle all orders and inquiries in a friendly and professional manner. Ensure that we provide a quality product to all guests with quick and friendly service. Immediately notify the General Manager of all guest issues or complaints. Resolve low level guest issues with efficiency and a positive attitude.
Financial Management: Control cash, property, product and equipment; builds sales, control labor and food costs.
Operations Management: Maintain operational standards and requirements in the restaurant; identify and communicate maintenance problems to the Facilities Department; maintain all facilities to Wingstop’s company standards; ensure communication is passed across organization from the General Manager and District Manager to every team member in the restaurant. Use Company provided tools to coach, mentor and develop team members to ensure a high performing restaurant team; leverage the support of the Restaurant Support Center; ensure all risk management issues are in compliance with company standards.
- Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the guests
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ongoing learner; exhibits insatiable curiosity and an interest in self improvement
- Has an outgoing personality
- Strong work ethic
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of previous food service, retail or restaurant supervisory experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative and assertiveness
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage, train, develop and motivate a diverse crew that is highly engaged
- Passionate about hospitality and serving the guest
- Ability/flexibility to work a changing schedule including mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to accept feedback and willingness to improve
- Ability to set goals, create action plans, and implement those plans
- Ability to measure performance, subjectively and objectively
- Cultivate attractive culture within the restaurant
- Ambassador and representative of the culture of the brand and the mission to Serve the World Flavor