SUMMARY OF POSITION
Achieves guest satisfaction through implementation of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Monitors compliance with company standards and execution of all company policies to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Ensures that all guests are properly greeted, seated, and served.
- Accountable for proper resolution of all guest complaints.
- Ensures proper control of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Trains employees during shift to guarantee proper and productive performance.
- Takes responsibility and verifies that all menu items are prepared and served according to standards.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Responsible for change fund, cash register, and guest check control. Performance will have a direct affect on the unit’s sales and profits through consistent guest satisfaction and cost controls.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT /WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing, without breaks
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Communicating with guests
- Operating cash register
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
High school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
At least six months prior experience in guest service capacity.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.