Convenience Store Employee
Convenience Store Employee Works under the direction of store manager to perform cashiering, cleaning, stocking and inventory duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service to increase sales, thereby increasing profit. All duties are secondary to taking care of the immediate needs of the customer.
- Performs cash handling duties.
- Performs general cleaning of store, interior and exterior.
- Stocks shelves and cooler.
- Follow all food service guidelines set forth in this manual as well as any guidelines enforced by local, county and state health departments.
- Completes necessary paperwork
- Prepares items for deli/fast food as necessary.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Physical/Mental Essential Functions of the Job
- Stands and walks up to a total of 8 hours per day on a tile or concrete surface while completing job duties.
- Lifts and carries stock weighing up to fifty (50) pounds while stocking shelves and cooler.
- Pulls and pushes up to fifty (50) pounds to move stock.
- Bends and stoops to stock low shelves in store and cooler and to clean.
- Performs twisting and rotation motions using head/neck, back/waist, knees and arms.
- Frequently reaches in order to stock and clean store.
- Handles case goods, cooler merchandise, cleaning material and equipment and money. Handling may be done unilaterally (one-handed) or bilaterally (two-handed) depending on size and shape of object and task being performed.
- Constantly uses fingers in order to cashier, stock, and clean.
Must have corrected vision to:
- be aware of surroundings and location of items needed
- check identification
- perform various other job duties.
Must have corrected hearing to:
- listen to needs and advice of managers, co-workers and customers
- listen to the environment to be aware of surroundings
- Must be capable of communicating with managers and co-workers.
- Must be mentally alert and capable of remembering faces, names, oral instructions and details.
- Temperature varies widely due to seasonal changes and outdoor exposure with a normal level of noise.
- Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 36 degrees up to thirty (30) minutes at a time.
- Should have knowledge of, or ability to use, the following machines and/or equipment: POS machine, P.C., calculator, cash register, LOTTO machine, pricing gun, money order machine, gas pump console, grill, flyer, cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Must be alert and able to identify a hazard, should one occur, in order to avoid it by reporting immediately or, if directed, by taking corrective measures.
- Be able to read, understand, and write the English language at the eighth grade level.
- Be able to perform mathematical calculations at the eighth grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports, and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in.