Counselor (Mental Health Skill Building)
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY WITHOUT THE REQUIRED CREDENTIALS AND CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
Destiny Services Job Posting – Mental Health Skill Building Counselor (Adult)
Destiny Services is in search of a Mental Health Counselor to join our Petersburg, VA Office team. Duties include providing training and support to individuals with mental illness. More specifically, this position will work with adults within the community providing instruction and assistance in daily living skills, medication management, health monitoring, access to community resources, etc. Additionally, this position develops treatment plans, completes quarterly reviews and maintains regular documentation of service delivery. It is important to note, this position requires counselors to transport their assigned individuals in their personal vehicles during delivery of services. The Agency does not reimburse for mileage as counselors are encouraged to track their mileage associated with the performance of their duties in order to report it on their taxes.
Why you want to work for Destiny Services
Destiny provides a dynamic environment to grow and learn. We are committed to quality, professionalism and service in all aspects of our agency; an agency that strives to empower all of our team members to provide meaningful contributions and take pride in their work. We are a close knit and collaborative team that provides an excellent opportunity to quickly grow in your career.
Destiny offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees which includes healthcare, retirement, annual leave, annual bonuses, etc.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university in the human services field (social work, gerontology, psychology, psychiatric rehabilitation, special education, sociology, counseling)
- at least 1 year of clinical experience
- in the absence of a degree, at least completion of a 12 week QMHPP training approved by DBHDS
- ability to establish effective clinical relationships with clients
- capability of maintaining appropriate boundaries with clients, collaterals and other professionals
- ability to respond effectively to crisis, make independent decisions, work cooperatively and remain flexible
- excellent organizational skills sufficient to prioritize and complete work tasks independently, while balancing competing needs and attending to detail
- effective and timely documentation skills
Ideal candidates will demonstrate that they are self-motivated, with a willingness to develop professionally and constantly apply new knowledge to their work.
Sound exciting? We would like to talk to you!
Interested applicants should obtain a Destiny Services application from the Human Resources Department, 1124 W. Washington Street, Petersburg, VA 23803 or call (804) 732-8500. Applications can also be downloaded from our website, www.destinyservices.org. Completed applications and resumes must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or returned to the street address above in order to be considered for an interview. These items can also be faxed to the office at (804) 732-8585. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed Destiny Services applications. This is an on-going recruitment effort therefore interviews are conducted as qualified applicants apply.
Destiny Services, Inc. is committed to developing a multi-cultural workplace. Minorities and persons with disabilities seeking career advancement are encouraged to apply. EOE
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
We have full-time and part-time openings for a Mental Health Skill Building Counselor.
Must be able to work various shifts per week and be available weekdays and/or weekends depending on your assigned caseload.
- Must have at least an Associates Degree in the Human Services field
- In the absence of a degree, at least completion of a 12 week QMHPP training approved by DBHDS?
- Must have 1 or more years experience in the human services field.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
- On-site Pre-Employment and Random Substance Abuse Testing conducted