Manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other unskilled general labor.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Load / unload trucks, move, carry, and stage product and pallets to designated areas.
- Sort and place products or items according to predetermined groups or assignment (size, color, type, location, product code, etc.).
- Marks product with identifying information.
- Counts items for distribution to conform to company expectations.
- Prepares required documents for inventory management control.
- Review orders for shipment and insures accuracy.
- Help maintain a clean, well-organized facility and is involved in a safe and secure working environment.
- Any other tasks, assignments or responsibilities as directed by Management.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Basic knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identification, warehouse procedures.
- Ability to prepare and complete forms relating to stock, quantity for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Skill and ability to operate manual dollies, manual pallet jacks, hand trucks and hand tools used in warehouse operations.
- Ability to identify obvious damage to equipment, product, and materials through visual inspection.
- Skills in stacking, moving , arranging items on pallets, and must consider height, weight, and special handling requirements
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow merchandise guides.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English language.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to successfully work on a team.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Aligns motives, values and beliefs with Old Time Pottery, Inc. values and culture.
- Recognizes that his/her actions directly impact company performance.
- Demonstrates responsiveness to business and operational needs.
- Maintains an efficient, orderly, clean and safe work environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Constant walking and standing.
- Frequent and repeated bending/twisting from the waist to stock merchandise, unload trucks or assist customers.
- Frequent handling or grasping of merchandise and equipment such as pricing guns, box cutters, two-wheel dollies, pallet jacks and shopping carts.
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds from floor to waist.
- Frequent carrying of merchandise of up to 40 pounds; and 60 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds from waist to overhead.
- Frequent squatting and kneeling to locate and place product or material.
- Frequent work above the waist and/or shoulder.
- Occasional climbing – ascending/descending using a ladder.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Gross handling/finger dexterity.
- Forcible push/pull of up to 200 pounds of force using material handling equipment.
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Willing to work in various temperate environments.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old