Responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise or materials. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform other Material Handler duties.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the product in the appropriate or designated areas.
- Complete and regularly meet required forklift training and certification; meet any other OSHA requirements for the position.
- Sort and place products or items according to predetermined groups or assignment (size, color, type, location, product code, etc.).
- Efficiently move product from staging/storage areas to outbound areas and/or trailers.
- Counts items for distribution to conform to company expectations.
- Prepares required documents for inventory management control.
- Review orders for shipment and insures accuracy.
- Checking and maintaining carton count accuracy with the warehouse; assist in physical inventories; order processing.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment, such as charging batteries, cleaning, or re-fueling.
- Help maintain a clean, well-organized facility and is involved in a safe and secure working environment.
- Any other tasks, assignments or responsibilities as directed by Management.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Basic knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identification, warehouse procedures.
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or vehicle to exact and accurate positions.
- Ability to prepare and complete forms relating to stock, quantity for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Skill and ability to operate manual dollies, manual pallet jacks, hand trucks and hand tools used in warehouse operations.
- Ability to identify obvious damage to equipment, product, and materials through visual inspection.
- Skills in stacking, moving, arranging items on pallets, and must consider height, weight, and special handling requirements.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow merchandise guides.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English language.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to successfully work as an individual and on a team.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Requires at least 5 or more years of experience in a warehouse or similar experience.
- Aligns motives, values and beliefs with Old Time Pottery, Inc. values and culture.
- Recognizes that his/her actions directly impact company performance.
- Demonstrates responsiveness to business and facility needs.
- Maintains an efficient, orderly, clean and safe store.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting or standing
- Frequent handling or grasping of product, equipment, and warehouse tools.
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds from floor to waist.
- Frequent carrying of product or materials of up to 40 pounds; and 60 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds from waist to overhead.
- Frequent squatting and kneeling to locate and place product or material.
- Frequent working above the waist and/or shoulder.
- Occasional climbing – ascending/descending using steps or ladder.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Gross handling/finger dexterity.
- Forcible push/pull of up to 200 pounds of force using manual or mechanical material handling equipment.
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Willing to work in various temperate environments.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old