Cash Room Attendant
The Cash Room Attendant ensures accurate distribution and collection of currency for events. This is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of the Honda Center. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
The Cash Room Attendant reports directly to the Controller of Food & Beverage as well as the F&B operations management team.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Prepare bank allotments by counting currency, verifying and balancing cash vault
- Ensure bank bags contain the allocated/appropriate amount for event operation and/or F&B department requirements.
- Distribute bank bags to designated F&B team members, and audit cashier verification slips throughout event.
- Perform change runs by distributing smaller denominations to various locations and obtaining cash drops as needed.
- Process final cash and coin drops at the end of events by accepting secured money from cashiers, counting/verifying cash and coin, recording cash drops in POS software, and review final cash drop paperwork.
- Engage with venue guests, as well as, team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is received at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining sanitation standards throughout the F&B Cash Room operations and the remainder of the operation.
- Responsible for the safe service/handling of all alcoholic beverages.
- Work with counter parts of operation to ensure event standards of service are reached.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisors and/ or managers.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to accurately count currency and compute basic math while working in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Must be able to able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms
- Must be willing and able take and pass required Food & Beverage training classes including safe food handling and alcohol service
- Strong grasp of basic controls with currency
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old