Cooks are responsible for supporting kitchen operations by assisting Chefs and other kitchen staff. This is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of the Honda Center. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Complete daily Time and Temperature logs for your station.
- Ensure accurate labeling, dating, and rotating using the FIFO method for all raw and prepped food products.
- Practice proper work procedures, safety and sanitation standards
- Follow recipe guidelines to prepare food based on the current menu
- Engage with venue guests, as well as, team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is provided/ received at all times
- Maintain food temperatures, food quality and appearance of prepared food to our established standards
- Have knowledge of all menu items, ingredients and how prepared
- Work with counter parts of operation to ensure event standards of service are reached.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the F&B management team at Honda Center
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Previous cooking/food prep experience a plus
- Must be able to able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms
- Must be willing and able take and pass required Food & Beverage training classes including safe food handling and alcohol service
- Ability to work in a fast paced evolving environment in which guest satisfaction is always the goal
- Evident attention to detail
- Working knowledge of state and local health code requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old