The Steward is responsible for supporting kitchen operations by adhering to all sanitation standards. This is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of the Honda Center. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Work in culinary and preparation and pantry spaces throughout arena
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including dishwashing machine, hand wash stations and pot scrubbing stations
- Thoroughly complete all station set-up and breakdown responsibilities
- Ensure clean dishware is stored
- Clean and maintain sanitation areas
- Practice proper work procedures and safety and sanitation standards
- Maintain the organization of all chemicals and cleaning supplies; including the proper storage of mops, brooms, etc.
- Work with counter parts of operation to ensure event standards of service are reached.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Management Team at Honda Center
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Must be able to able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms
- Must be willing and able take and pass required Food & Beverage training classes including safe food handling and alcohol service
- Ability to work in a fast paced evolving environment in which guest satisfaction is always the goal
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Working knowledge of state and local health code requirements
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position, including bending or lifting up to 50lbs and standing and/or walking for extended periods of time
- Flexible schedule – candidates must be able to work 90% of all monthly events; ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old