Food Runners are responsible for the timely delivery of food and beverage items and general support of the dining experience in the Premium/VIP areas of Honda Center. This is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of Honda Center. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Deliver food and beverage orders to guests in Premium/VIP seating in a timely and efficient manner
- Have complete knowledge of all menu items, production specs, ingredients, cooking times and presentation
- Have a complete knowledge of available beers and cocktails
- Work together with co-workers to ensure that guests are receiving the best possible service
- Understand and execute responsible alcohol service as well as sanitation and food safety
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests.
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisors and/ or managers.
- Help maintain and ensure excellent customer service.
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or equivalen
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Previous customer service and food runner experience a plus
- Must be able to able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms
- Must be willing and able take and pass required Food & Beverage training classes including safe food handling and alcohol service
- Ability to work in a fast paced evolving environment in which guest satisfaction is always the goal
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position, including bending or lifting up to 50lbs and standing and/or walking for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel up and down stairs consistently during work shifts
- Flexible schedule –– we prefer candidates are able to work 90% of all monthly events; ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old