The Utility Person is responsible for many duties that have a great impact on the guests’ dining experience. Guests consistently rate cleanliness as the most important factor in deciding whether to return to a restaurant, so each Utility Person must acquire the skill, knowledge, and ability to execute the job with excellence. The Utility Person is responsible for general cleanliness inside and outside the restaurant. Dishwashing is an integral part of this position.
- Experience in foodservice preferred, but not required.
- Proof of food handler certification may be required for individuals in those applicable states.
Golden Corral posts hourly positions year round to ensure that it is able to quickly identify and select the most qualified applicant(s) once a position becomes open and available. If you apply for this position and it is not open and available at this time,you will be considered for future available opportunities. During this time your application will remain available for consideration as opportunities become open and available. Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications, a representative from Golden Corral will only contact you if they are interested in pursuing you as an applicant.
- Position requires standing and walking for periods of 3-4+ hours without a rest break.
- Regular, moderate-to-heavy (10-50+ lbs.) lifting and carrying, bending and reaching overhead may be required.
- Work setting includes 95% inside the restaurant and 5% outside the restaurant (in the parking lot).
- Work environment includes frequent hand contact with water, use of equipment (such as the dish machine) with moving parts, and walking on potentially slippery floors.
- Frequent pushing and pulling motions are required for mopping, sweeping, and emptying trash cans.
- Some exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Occasionally use of ladder to change light bulbs, ceiling tiles, and clean vents.
- Compliance with position uniform standards and adherence to all company policies and house rules are required.
- Weekends are required.
We've designed a benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families. Restaurant workers receive:
- Medical/dental/life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Meal discounts
- No-interest college loans