We have a full-time/part-time opening for a Sous Chef.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Capable of completing every single dish/recipe to specification under all circumstances, every day
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ability to maintain quality standards according to the chef
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food……
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Estimate expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
- Bake breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
- Prepare relishes and hors doeuvres.
- Keep records and accounts.
- Work as a team with all Park&Oak staff in order to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to Park&Oak standards at alltimes.
- Other duties as directed.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Walks and stands during entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Hazards may include, but are not limited to, slipping and tripping.
- Must be of legal age to serve liquor according to state law.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and be familiar with standard drink recipes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organizational skills
- Multi-task oriented.
- Knowledge of Park&Oak food & beverage specifications
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Basic mathematical skills, handle money and give correct change.
- Basic reading skills.
- Basic computer skills.