Welcome to the SUBWAY® Team!!! We’re glad you decided to look into a career with the SUBWAY® Group. The SUBWAY® Group is committed to providing our guests with fresh, healthy meals, made right before their eyes, served quickly, and with a friendly smile. That’s truly what sets us apart and keeps our guest coming back again and again.
Position Title: Assistant Manager
Reports To: Manager/Owner
The Assistant Manager supervises daily operations to ensure that food safety, product preparation, and cleanliness standards are maintained. Schedules and supervises staff. Maintains standards of restaurant safety and security. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
Tasks And Responsibilities:
- Performs all tasks and responsibilities of a shift manager as outlined in shift manager job description.
- Manages a staff of approximately 4 to 12. Assigns, oversees and evaluates work. Recommends promotion, transfer, or termination of employees. May conduct written and verbal staff evaluations.
- Coordinates and supervises staff so that standards of cleanliness are maintained as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- As needed, supervises food preparation to ensure that food safety and operations standards are maintained.
- Performs paperwork duties as needed.
- Assists with planning of special events and promotions.
- Education: High school graduate
- Experience: Experience in QSR operations, preferably with supervisory experience. Requires excellent communication skills, ability to deal with all levels of employees. computer knowledge is desirable.
- Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
- Education: College level course work in management, restaurant management, or other business-related field desired. High school graduate with emphasis on skill training.
- Experience: Two (2) to four (4) years’ experience in food service operations, preferably with supervisory experience. Excellent communication skills, ability to deal with all levels of employees, and computer knowledge desirable.
- Physical: Must be able to exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to four (4) hours in length and have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Must have the stamina to work a minimum of 50 to 60 hours a week.