We have an immediate opening for a Grill Staff.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
Dairy Queen offers exciting, fun opportunities for energetic, hard working, smiling people.
Now Hiring GRILL STAFF!
Coordinator, Grill Staff, Fryer Staff, Sandwich Prep Staff
Execute all kitchen operations, ensuring all prepared foods meet restaurant safety and health standards. Cooks, assembles and wraps good items, stocks all needed products and preparation materials in a clean and safe manner.
- Communicate clearly, quickly and politely with co-workers to ensure correct order is served to the customers.
- Quickly and accurately prepares food products following restaurant, health and safety standards and procedures quickly and accurately.
- Be pleasant and alert to customer needs.
- Properly and safely operates and maintains restaurant equipment including grill, fryer, freezer and other related cooking equipment while following all health and safety standards.
- Work as a “team” member to assure constant and consistent quality, service, cleanliness and value to each customer.
- Clean work area, organize and stock needed items. Move various food, paper and cleaning items from other sections of building (or outside building) to immediate work area.
- Stocks and executes proper rotation of products.
- Completes assigned prep work for stocking and set up of grill area.
- Controls food production process.
- Breaks down and cleans grill area thoroughly every day as assigned by a manager or shift leader.
- Wash counters, tables, restrooms, trash receptacles, gather trash and remove from dining/service areas to proper receptacle, sweep, mop, stock and other cleaning tasks. Occasional need to be out of building (i.e., parking lot, freezer, trash container areas, etc.) for parking lot pick-up, trash removal and other maintenance and cleaning activities.
- Informs immediate supervisor promptly of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by management staff or shift leaders.
Operates grill area in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures. Responsible for quick, accurate and safe food production process. Assists in the success of the restaurant by ensuring guest satisfaction through adhering to standards for quality, value, service and cleanliness. Maintains a positive working relationship with all restaurant employees and customers to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate. Communicates all significant issues, both positive and negative, with management staff.
Qualified candidates must have excellent customer service skills; exhibit good manners, proper personal hygiene, positive attitude, and promptness. Must be able to perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time. Travel quickly in customer service area as much as three times for each customer up to as many as 40 customers per hour of shift. Must be able to work in and out of different temperature ranges. Ability to handle raw, frozen and cooked food products as well as products in and out of temperature danger zone (41-140F). Capability to stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Interact with the public and co-workers constantly during shifts. Must be able to read order monitors. Recall and communication of products and contents. Practice established food handling procedures and meet any local health regulations. Exhibit and use good manners, proper personal hygiene, positive attitude, and promptness.
Do not miss out on a great opportunity!
Qualified candidates must:
- Exhibit exceptional decorating skills including gel, icing, air brush, decorating kits, edible images, floral designs, and licensed character designs through examples such as a portfolio.
- Be able to perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time.
- Possess coordination skills to follow instructions and duplicate drawings and letters from projected images.
- Be able to recall and communicate cake products and contents.
- Practice established food-handling procedures to meet any local health regulations.
- Have excellent customer service skills, exhibit good manners, proper personal hygiene, positive attitude, and promptness.
- A Cake Decorator’s certification is strongly preferred.