This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the restaurant. Responsible for teaching, training, and leading Managers and Team Members. Must present a professional image at all times. Must coach, counsel, and develop Managers and Team Members to maximize sales and profitability, control expenses, meet budgetary constraints, handle Guest complaints, and ensure sanitation, safety and food quality. The GM is a champion of the Ruby Way and is expected to consistently model the behavior expected of Managers and Team Members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure each guest receives excellent service by leading and modeling the Ruby Way; responsible for all FOH and HOH results.
- Recruit, train, develop, and communicate through consistent daily interactions and weekly meetings with all Managers and Team Members.
- Complete focal point review development plans for Managers, including regular one-on-one follow-up regarding the progress of the development plans.
- Reinforce Team Members? skills and Managers? leadership behaviors.
- Identify strategies to retain the best Team Members.
- Control receiving and inventory levels and report all concerns to the OP.
- Create and delegate daily goals and tasks and ensure completion through consistent follow-up.
- Monitor sales performance to ensure proper scheduling and staffing while developing strategies to meet sales goals.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, all state and federal wage and hour regulations, and restaurant filing responsibilities.
- Control funds, bank deposits, media, and payroll.
- Ensure all equipment is in good repair.
The General Manager is responsible for the supervision and development of their Managers and Team Members.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or High School equivalency required. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Requires 3+ years management experience at Ruby Tuesday or other restaurant concept.
Basic computer skills required.
This position requires regular attendance and the ability to work 55 hours per week is required; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs; requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Note: The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position, but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified, but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.
Ruby Tuesday is an Equal Opportunity Employer.