Garden Bar Specialist
The Garden Bar Specialist (GBS) is responsible for every aspect of our World Class Garden Bar including knowing all Garden Bar offerings and hosting the Garden Bar for our guests. GBS sets up, maintains and closes down the Garden Bar area and Garden Bar cooler following Ruby Tuesday procedures. GBS is responsible for keeping it clean and 100% stocked throughout the shift following food safety guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a pleasant and friendly attitude, while contributing to a teamwork-based work environment.
- Host the Garden Bar in a hospitable, courteous, and friendly manner initiating friendly conversation about the variety of items and answering any questions that may arise about the food offerings.
- Take pride in his/her appearance while adhering to the Ruby Tuesday Dress & Appearance Policy.
- Set up, maintain and break down the Garden Bar area according to Ruby Tuesday standards and procedures.
- Follow all safety and sanitation guidelines at all times.
- Conduct the Garden Bar Line Check each shift to ensure proper food temperatures and stocking levels.
- Stock/restock items on the garden bar according to specifications so that every Guest experiences our World Class Garden Bar at its best thus driving repeat business.
- Ensure the highest quality preparation and presentation of food items served on the garden bar.
- Stays up-to-date with preparation procedures for Garden Bar menu items to ensure each item is prepared to spec every shift.
- Complete specific cleaning responsibilities and station maintenance including, but not limited to, the Garden Bar, the Garden Bar cooler, prep and dry storage areas.
- Responsible for the set-up, cleanliness, and organization of the work area before during and after every shift.
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness of carpeted and non-carpeted floors according to Ruby Tuesday standards and procedures.
- Assist guests who cannot easily access the garden bar by preparing a salad to their specifications; may deliver the salad to the table.
- Position requires slip-resistant shoes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or High School equivalency preferred. Fluency in English is required for the safe and effective performance of the GBS and successful operation of the World Class Garden Bar, which includes frequent communication with our guests.
This position requires regular attendance; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs; requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Note: The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position, but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified, but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.