Lead Cook - Part Time
Lead Cook-Part Time
A lead cook will be responsible for supporting the culinary efforts within the operations by providing oversight of all event based tasks associated with preparation and execution. A lead cook will ensure progress is maintained throughout each shift, monitor food quality and ensure that all safety and sanitation standards are maintained at all times. A lead cook will also be responsible for leading by example as it pertains to establishing and providing hospitality toward all external and internal team members. This position reports to the culinary supervisors and Chefs.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Monitor/ oversee completion of daily time and temperature logs for each station.
- Ensure accurate labeling, dating, and rotating (using the FIFO method) of all raw and prepared food products.
- Report any injury, accident and/or food borne illness incident (customers and/or staff) accurately and in a timely manner to a chef
- Support culinary management with the oversight and on-the job supervision of all culinary teammates as it pertains to the accurate completion of all culinary tasks
- Support culinary management with the oversight and on-the job supervision of all culinary teammates as it pertains to safety and sanitation standards
- Support culinary management team with daily/ monthly inventory
- Support culinary management team with ordering as needed
- Engage with venue guests, as well as, team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is provided/ received at all times
- Follow recipe guidelines to ensure consistency with current offerings
- Ensure that the kitchen staff is working effectively and efficiently
- Monitor team member’s schedules to ensure that all breaks are taken at the proper time, etc…
- Maintain food temperatures, food quality and appearance of prepared food to our established standards
- Have knowledge of all menu items, ingredients/ how prepared
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed.
- Work with counter parts of operation to ensure event standards of service are reached.
- Help maintain and ensure excellent customer service
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the F&B management team at Honda Center
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of 6 months of culinary experience
- Display excellent cooking skills
- Display good leadership and motivational skills
- Evident attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Working knowledge of state and local health code requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures