Culinary Supervisor - Part Time
Culinary Supervisor-Part Time
The Culinary Supervisor will support the operation of the kitchen by assisting the culinary management team and overseeing kitchen staff. The culinary supervisor will be in charge of maintaining inventory pars and control ordering for designated areas of responsibility. The culinary supervisor will ensure that the leads, cooks and stewards are following the procedures and standards issued by the culinary and/ or F&B management team. This position is also responsible for ensuring that exceptional hospitality, food quality and sanitation standards are maintained at all times. This position reports to the culinary management team.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Supervise the completion of daily time and temperature logs for each station/ location.
- Ensure accurate labeling, dating, and rotating (using the FIFO method) of all raw and prepared food products.
- Report any injury, accident and/or food borne illness incident (customers and/or staff) accurately and in a timely manner to the chef.
- Direct, train, and assist with the evaluation of all employees in work procedures, safety and sanitation standards.
- Review production schedules and assist the culinary management team with inventory and ordering.
- Engage with venue guests, as well as, team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is provided and received at all times.
- Follow recipe guidelines and track consistency with current offerings.
- Supervise the kitchen staff and leads; ensure they are working effectively and efficiently, including taking breaks at correct times.
- Assist with the development of staff schedules per production/ event requirements
- Maintain food temperatures, food quality and appearance of prepared food.
- Assist with the recipe development and costing for all menu ideas/ concepts.
- Must have full knowledge of food and beverage menu items and accompaniments.
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed.
- Work with counter parts of operation to ensure event standards of service are reached.
- Help maintain and ensure excellent customer service.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the F&B management team at Honda Center.
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience in a culinary supervisory role
- Display excellent cooking skills
- Display good leadership and motivational skills
- Evident attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong grasp of basic business financials
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Working knowledge of state and local health code requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures