Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We're making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Responsible for the efficient execution of merchandising to ensure consistency with product sets and signage displays in the store and when necessary across a group of stores in a Market or District. Reduce time spenton merchandising processes due to an increased familiarity of sets. Assist in the receiving of merchandise to and from the store and to ensure that all merchandise is accurately stocked and priced, and provide guest service, as necessary. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks which may be covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks, most questions are directed to the Merchandise Operations Leader, Store Leader and/or the Leader on Duty.
1. Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
2. Knowledge of the store product and strong merchandising and organization skills.
3. Ability to be diligent in completion of time keeping, mileage calculations and expenses.
4. Access to reliable transportation, proper liability insurance
5. Move merchandise up to 50 pounds
6. Assist with the unloading, pricing and stocking of merchandise according to operational guidelines in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that supply counts are accurate.
7. Verify that all pricing and inventory information is accurate, ensure that all merchandise is properly priced, that all SKU information is correct and that all required inventory control paperwork is competed accurately and in a timely manner.
8. Adhere to and promote established safety procedures.
9. Perform routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves, bathroom maintenance, etc.
10. Participate in the completion of quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
11. May travel to a designated store group following a scheduled timeline to complete projects (such as; Category Reviews, Action Memos, Recalls, Resets, etc.)
12. Complete projects following policies & procedure; cleaning, planogram sets, proper labeling, signage & fixture needs of project, disposal of RTV items as a result of set, appropriate hazardous waste storage and clean up.
13. Analyze on-site/actual conditions in comparison to written plan, identify necessary corrections and recommend alterations as necessary and troubleshoot resolution. Coordination with Store/Field partners and/or Support Center departments/partners to ensure actual fixturing, floor plan set-up, stocking and merchandising is completed according to scheduled plan and if changes are made that they are properly communicated for all assigned locations.
14. Communicate with the Merchandise Operations Leader and the Store Leader upon completion of day on any remaining unfinished projects, blue dot program needs, screen correction information for the Store to complete at end of day, overall set changes (adds/deletes/moves), DMB, POGS and sign off of completion form.
15. Special Projects as needed; Space Optimization, POG integrity, Ad promotions, etc.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry
outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000
lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following
proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store partners.Qualifications
Education and ExperienceWhile a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is generally preferred, an applicant must be able to demonstrate basic math proficiency and above average communication skills.